Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/3/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
• Provides leadership and direction to the Educational Talent Search Program and maintain the integrity of the Department of Education and College guidelines/policies to ensure grant activities are in compliance
• Manages all aspects of the daily operations of the Educational Talent Search Program assisting students ages 11 through 18 in gaining admission to post-secondary/vocational institutions
• Oversees program implementation including budgeting and program implementation; effectively plan, authorize expenditures and monitor budget
• Establishes and maintains working relationships with area secondary schools, post-secondary educational institutions, and community agencies to assure cooperative referrals and coordination of recruitment activities
• Assists in the selection and provides training, supervision, performance evaluation and development of staff
• Conducts project and program marketing and public relations activities for advocating the purpose and success of the program with students
• Conducts site visits to the targeted educational institutions to observe and assist advisors and instructional staff with curriculum presentations, participate in field trips and college visits
• Develops project proposals and reports to monitor the Program’s progress
• Coordinates and reviews all aspects of the identification and selection process of participants
• Evaluates the Program’s activities to assure consistency with stated purpose and compliance with the U.S. Department of Education regulations
• Oversee the grant’s long-term goals relative to college readiness and completion by serving on appropriate committees and establishing purposeful initiatives and partnerships
• Coordinates the work of the Program with other TRIO/EOP projects
• Attends meetings, conferences and workshops for professional development
• Performs other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Master’s Degree in Education or a related field
• Minimum of two years’ experience in management or administration at a secondary and post-secondary level
• Experience in supervising staff, budget management, and program development in an education or outreach setting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Experience in educational support or outreach programs, such as TRIO or similar educational programs
• Demonstrated experience in implementing and evaluating educational programs
• Excellent customer service skills and a proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships
• Exemplary verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse organization
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Experience with federally-funded TRIO programs
• Knowledge of career exploration and the college application and financial aid process
• Grant-writing experience
Standard College hours of business: 8:30AM – 5:00PM, Monday through Friday
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.