Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/18/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, the oldest institution affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, was chartered by the Republic of Texas in 1845. UMHB welcomes inquiries, nominations, and applications from outstanding and committed scholars for the position of Dean, College of Sciences, available on or after June 1, 2011. UMHB seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to prepare students for leadership, service, and faith-informed discernment in a global society.
The Dean of the College of Sciences provides leadership to 32 full time faculty and staff. Nearly 600 students pursue one of nineteen majors in the College.
UMHB deans teach two courses per year, serve under a 12-month contract and appointment, and report to the Provost/ Senior VP for Academic Affairs. Minimum qualifications for the position include the following:
1. Active and committed Christian
2. PhD in a field of study within the college;
3. Eligibility for appointment at a senior faculty rank, tenure-track;
4. Minimum of ten years exemplary teaching experience including at least five years leadership in a similar academic setting at the department chair or associate dean level or above;
5. Demonstrated ability to think systemically, administer collegially, and advocate effectively for the university, the college and its faculty;
6. Effective interpersonal skills, financial acumen, and visionary thinking necessary to establish and lead others to greatness.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including Day One medical and dental insurance, retirement plan with match and free tuition to UMHB for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Please submit a completed UMHB employment application along with cover letter, CV, transcript copies and evidence of quality teaching performance to www.umhb.edu (Resources, Employment) or by mail to Human Resources Department, UMHB, 900 College Street, Belton, TX. 76513. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.