Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/18/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Teaches a variety of courses in the Associate Degree Nursing Program including health assessment, fundamentals, and medical-surgical nursing.
• Master’s Degree with a major in nursing
• Completion of a professional nursing education program approved by a state board of nursing
• Minimum of 2 years current experience in the practice of nursing as an RN
• Current active, unencumbered licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Ohio
• Clinical experience in obstetrics and other specialties, depending upon course content
• Proficiency in word processing and presentation software, internet and email
In addition, the ideal candidate will show evidence of:
• Demonstrated teaching experience.
• Ability to develop new curriculum and learning units in anticipation of changes in market discipline.
• Belief that individuals can make a difference in the lives of students.
• Excellence in teaching and facilitating the learning process for students, learning and using new technology, and applying diverse instructional strategies in response to using new technology, applying diverse instructional strategies in response to learner demographics and learning styles.
• Belief in the value of working and learning in a diverse environment.
• Excellent oral, written and listening skills.
• Ability to adapt to dynamic multi-campus organizational work environments.
• Being a successful advocate to new initiatives in curriculum or delivery.
• Understanding and embracing the mission of the community college.
• Capability to teach in more than one discipline.
• Possessing the energy and persistence to motivate and support others to pursue the larger goal.
• Being skilled in building strategic alliances both within and across disciplines, and within and outside the college.
Classes are assigned, beginning August (Fall semester) 2014. Ability to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends is required. Assignments include working at multiple sites/campuses.
This is a full-time tenure track faculty opportunity for the academic year beginning August (Fall) 2014. The academic year (Fall and Spring semesters) is 36 weeks in duration; summer contracts are issued separately.
If hired, must be able to receive or show evidence of all required healthcare immunizations as defined by the Center of Disease Control.
The following documents must be attached to your on-line employment application.
1) Current resume
2) A cover letter
3) A one-page statement explaining how you promote student learning and achievement
4) Scanned copies of your transcripts (original, unofficial, or photocopy) for all degrees and copies of required licenses/certifications. Please indicate your current name of the transcript if it differs from the name on the transcript. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO HAVE COPIES OF ALL TRANSCRIPTS/LICENSES AVAILABLE TO UPLOAD WHEN APPLYING FOR THE POSITION. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT APPLICATION UNTIL CORRECT DOCUMENTS ARE ATTACHED.
Applicants selected for interview must provide official transcripts for all degrees at the time of interview. Hire is contingent upon receipt of all official college transcripts.
Please note that degrees must be conferred/completed prior to submission of your application.
Please DO NOT include other transcripts or documents not requested such as letters of reference or past evaluations; only the transcripts and required licenses/certifications will be forwarded to the search committee. No faxed transcripts, licenses, or certifications will be accepted.
During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.