Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President of Economic Development the Director will be responsible for all operations of the Business Resource Center (BRC); manage the daily operations including staffing, provide advising to center clients, budget and reports and center programs and services
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
- Manage day-to-day operations and marketing of the Business Resource Center (BRC) as they pertain to the BRC building, staffing, programs and services. Direct and support the work of the BRC Executive Board, BRC Coordinating Council and BRC "Incubator" Board. Facilitate the establishment of nationally recognized and cutting edge educational programs in the BRC and BRC "Incubator." 30%
- Manage BRC budget, including funds received from the Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) for the BRC. 20%
- Institute BRC Database to capture and manage BRC client information. 10%
- Develop, implement and evaluate programs to strengthen and expand BRC "reach", through virtualization of appropriate services, throughout the designated service region. 20%
- Counsel and conduct follow-up with clients; prepare reports on operations activities and recommend improvements or modifications to procedures. 10%6.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned. 10%
- Full-time and part-time staff
Graduation from an accredited institution with an bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of experience in Building Management and 1-3 years' experience in Public Relationships and/or Economics.
Special Requirements of the Position:
- Talking; expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must be convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly.
- Hearing; perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking level with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Seeing; required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and reports; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive inspection involving small defects, small parts, operations of machines (including inspection) or to make general observations facilities or structure (i.e. security guard, inspectors, etc.); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distance close to eye.
- Vision ability; close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of specific duties and responsibilities of departments and functions within the scope of the BRC.
- Knowledge working within a state and local governance context; and budget development and budget oversight and control.
- Knowledge of best practices in the areas of business creation and growth; business incubation strategies and effective supportive structures; capital acquisition strategies; and project and program management.
- Strong leadership, management, and organizational skills; effectively represent a complex institution in a variety of public settings with confidence and integrity.
- Possesses good communication skills (writing, spelling, listening, and speaking).Utilizes good management techniques.
- Follows through to completion of assigned tasks.
- Ability to exercise effective interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision making skills.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Possesses problem solving and decision-making abilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.