Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/20/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Azusa Pacific University invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the School of Education. The Dean reports directly to the Provost and serves as the Chief Administrator of the School. The ideal candidate will evidence a history of dynamic and passionate academic and administrative leadership, exemplary research, teaching, and credentials appropriate to the rank of full professor in the school including an earned doctorate in or related to the discipline of education. The new Dean will be an expert in building relationships both within the School of Education, Azusa Pacific University, and the K-12 higher ed community of practice environment. The School of Education enrolls nearly 2,500 students and is accredited by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
The School of Education is a large organization comprised of 7 departments with supporting services, offering more than 26 graduate degrees in education, the school provides an Ed.D program and master’s degrees and/or accredited k-12 teaching and service credentials including teaching (single subject/multiple subjects), special education, school psychology, school counseling, school librarianship, school administration, educational leadership, physical education, and educational technology.
The Dean is responsible for promoting the quality and effectiveness of the School of Education’s instructional programs, ensuring appropriate community engagement, and developing necessary resources. The successful candidate will have:
• A Christ centered, vibrant faith demonstrated in personal and professional life
• A demonstrated commitment to building a diverse faculty and staff, increasing APU’s ability to serve a diverse student population
• Evidence of advocacy and support for faculty and staff with a commitment to spiritual development, professional development, and community outreach
• Highly developed interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills
• Professional experience with K-12 system (California preferred)
• A record of strong, verified leadership of the full range of education programs
• Exemplary interpersonal/problem solving skill
• Compelling vision casting/implementation ability
• Relevant knowledge and experience in program planning and development, budgeting, and administration typically acquired through progressively responsible leadership positions
• Ability to lead faculty in regional centers and on-line programs in addition to main campus academic programs, incorporating best practices in professional accreditation
• Expertise at or above the department head level in faculty, staff, and student recruitment, quality improvement, and assessment
• Familiarity with National and State accreditation process (NCATE, CTC, & WASC)
Azusa Pacific University offers more than 50 areas of undergraduate study, 37 master’s degrees, and 8 doctorates to a total enrollment of more than ten thousand students. As an evangelical Christian institution, APU affirms the Lordship of Christ in all areas of life and expects its employees to model Christian values in their lives.
Applications will be accepted until January 20, 2012. Nominations, resumes, and expressions of interest may be submitted via electronic letter describing qualifications and interest in the position. Supporting documents should include a curriculum vitae, a statement of Christian faith, and three references, including names, addresses, and phone numbers. Please direct all materials to the consultant supporting Azusa Pacific University: Mr. Joe Bradley, Bradley Resource Group, 778 Brokenwood Trail NW, Marietta, GA, 30064, Joe@BradleyResourceGroup.com, (770) 843-8928. All communications are confidential.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.