Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/20/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
1. Manages all aspects of the Procurement Department including but not limited to implementation, maintenance, functional tech responsibilities of the procurement system.
2. Manages the coordination with requisitioning departments to determine specifications and requirement, and interfaces with the accounting and legal departments and with vendors as required in completing assigned duties relating to the procurement of various commodities and services.
3. Develops appropriate reports and analysis to keep administration aware of all aspects of the department including but not limited to procuring items/bids/competitive solicitation for the entire college. Periodically reviews and evaluates the performance of the department and keeps the AVP informed of the department's progress and problems.
4. Works with users to develop specifications, develops terms and conditions, and bid documents for procurement
5. Facilitates pre-bid and pre RFP (Request For Proposal) and RFQ (Request for Qualification) conferences.
6. Develops and maintains bidders list for all commodities/services.
7. Recommends/reviews contracts with suppliers with respect to cost, quality, capabilities, and delivery competitiveness.
8. Responsible for the preparation of ITB's, RFQ's, RFN's, RFP's and other competitive bidding documents, solicitations, and advertisements in accordance with Florida Statutes and Administrative Rules.
9. Schedules and conducts RFQ and RFP openings in accordance with Florida Statutes.
10. Manages/Creates/Reviews/approves bids for conformity and analyzes them to competitiveness. Develops Board recommendations for awards over Category 5 pursuant to Florida Statutes and Administrative Rules.
11. Negotiates prices, terms, and delivery with suppliers.
12. Approves purchase order expenditures up to a designated dollar amount authority limit in Category 5 of Florida and Administrative Rules.
13. Reviews and forwards contracts/purchase orders above Category 5 of Florida Statutes and Administrative Rules. to the Vice President for Administrative Services for inclusion on Board Agenda.
14. Evaluates user department satisfaction annually and takes appropriate action.
15. Reviews awards and terminates awards when appropriate for assigned projects.
16. Monitors vendor performance.
17. Coordinates the College's small business development program.
18. Studies market prices/trends and technical developments, and advises senior management and department employees, as appropriate, or significant market information.
19. Prepares and maintains official purchasing documentation files for official public record and audit purposes in accordance with Florida Department of State, State Library and Archive Division and State of Florida Statues and Administrative Rules.
20. Attends meetings outside of the college, pertinent to college business, to develop relationships to enhance MBE/WBE participation in College expenditures.
21. Collects, quantifies, monitors, and analyzes various purchasing process measurements.
22. Represents the department at District Board of Trustees meetings.
23. Supervises and leads assigned staff. Completes annual performance development process with each assigned employee according to college policy and the prescribed timeline. Supports the professional development efforts of staff. Develops and manages assigned budgets.
24. Represent the College on state-wide committees and task forces regarding purchasing and procurement.
25. Oversight and supervisory responsibility for the procurement card (P-Card) program.
26. This is a position of special trust and requires the individual hired to successfully undergo an extensive criminal background check including finger printing.
27. Other duties as assigned.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.