Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/16/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
MONTEREY PENINSULA COLLEGE invites applications for the position of:
Business Instructor (Full Time, Tenure Track, Fall 2014)
SALARY: $51,971 - $70,474.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 06/06/14
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
***** Recruitment Extended******
OPEN UNTIL FILLED; PRIORITY SCREENING JULY 6, 2014
This is a full-time tenure-track instructional assignment in a fast growing Business Department. The successful candidate will teach a variety of business course offerings, potentially including: Marketing, Business Law, Introduction to Business, Business Ownership/Management, Accounting, E-Commerce, among other business courses. As an Instructor in Business, the successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues to advance the entrepreneurship and business development program, expand online course offerings, build relationships with the local community, and pursue related grants.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
• As a full time faculty member in the Business & Technology Division the successful candidate will also
• Use and develop a variety of effective teaching and assessment methods including the use of computers and information technology to engage student interest and support a variety of learning styles.
• Evaluate student work using clear criteria relevant to the course content and student learning objectives.
• Maintain and submit accurate records according to published deadlines (i.e., grades, syllabi, census reports).
• Participate in business schedule development process.
• Develop curriculum and participate in the program review processes.
• Engage in activities that enhance the department’s rapport with area high schools, colleges and businesses.
• Participate in the recruitment and evaluation of faculty.
• Hold required office hours and participate in division meetings.
• Carry out collegial responsibilities including, but not limited to, institutional committee assignments, student recruitment and retention, and participation in shared governance committees and campus life activities.
• Communicate and work cooperatively with colleagues (within discipline and college-wide) on matters regarding course offerings, programs, and activities that would enhance the development of the department and college.
• Continue professional development and remain current in the field through course work, conferences, workshops, and other appropriate means.
• Perform duties described in Board policy, the Faculty Handbook, the MPCTA Contract, and as assigned at the Monterey campus, the Education Center at Marina, and/or other designated locations.
Master’s in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business education.
Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s economics, personnel management, or a JD or LL.B degree
Bachelor’s in economics with a business emphasis AND Master’s in personnel management, public administration, or or a JD or LL.B degree
CA Community College Teaching Credential (valid for life) in the discipline (NOTE: the State of California no longer issues credentials, however, if you earned one previously, it is still honored).
The equivalent. To select outstanding faculty members from the largest possible pool of qualified applicants, Monterey Peninsula College recognizes that candidates may have attained expertise through a variety of means. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments may be judged by the District as equivalent to the above qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications are encouraged to download and complete an equivalency application from the employment web page and submit/attach the completed form to the employment application along with appropriate documentation of your qualifications;
Commitment to community college goals/objectives of providing quality programs and services for culturally, socio-economically, ethnically, and academically diverse students and students with disabilities; personal qualities to work effectively and with sensitivity in a multicultural environment; awareness of and commitment to the needs of non- traditional and/or re-entry students with diverse abilities and interests.
Personal and Professional Qualities:
1. Knowledge of and commitment to community college teaching within the subject area.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Effective problem solving abilities.
4. Ability to work with business community groups and campus organizations.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills.
6. Ability to meet the needs of community college learners with diverse backgrounds and a wide range of skills and goals.
1. Demonstrated ability to teach business courses at the community college level.
2. Demonstrated ability or experience with online teaching methodology
3. Experience with engaging the business community
4. Practical business operations and leadership experience.
5. Demonstrated experience with emerging technologies.
6. Willingness and ability to work cooperatively with colleagues on matters regarding course offerings, programs, and activities that would promote business as a field of study.
Anticipated Starting Compensation:
Starting at $51,971-70,474 annually, based on documented education and experience (see Article 16 of the MPCTA contract for details). In addition to the base salary, the successful candidate can also earn a Doctoral stipend of $2,850 or a multiple Masters’ stipend of $2,021, if applicable. In addition, the District provides an excellent fringe benefits package, including paid medical and dental coverage for employees and dependents, and a vision plan, life insurance and long-term disability benefits for the employee only. Retirement is the State Teachers’ Retirement System. Participation in tax deferred plans are available.
Assignment & Anticipated Start Date:
The assigned work year is 175.5 days per academic year. The assignment will include 15 teaching load units (TLUs) plus five office hours per week. Assignments may include day and evening courses at the Monterey campus or Marina Education Center, as well as online instruction. The selected candidate will participate in campus-wide events beginning the week of August 18, 2014.
To be considered for review, applicants must submit the following application materials:
Completed Online District Application including the Diversity Statement and Supplemental Questions;
A Cover letter addressing the listed desirable qualifications and personal and professional qualities (attached as a .pdf);
Résumé or Curriculum Vitae (attached as a .pdf);
Transcripts from accredited colleges of Bachelor’s degree and all advanced degrees and coursework (attached as a .pdf). Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by the American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (http://www.aacrao.org/) at the applicant’s expense;
Two (2) current letters of recommendation which ideally address your teaching abilties, your participation in business groups, and/or skills with technology. (attached as separate .pdf files; one file per letter);
ASSIGNMENT A (attached as a .pdf)
In one (1) page, describe your vision for MPC's Business Department 5 years from now.
To apply for this position, please go to <a href="http://apptrkr.com/481314">http://www.mpc.edu/employment</a> and click on the link for “Full Time Faculty and Administrator Positions” there you will find the listing for this position. Click on the job title for full details about the position. Additionally you will see an “apply” button on the right hand side.
You will be required to create a user account. If you already have a user account with another NeoGov employer, you will be able to use your existing account log-in information. Please complete all the required components of the application including uploading of your transcripts and various other documents. Only fully completed applications will be considered.
Only items listed above will be reviewed by the screening committee. Additional
documents that were not requested, will NOT be forwarded to the committee. Failure to follow the directions listed above may result in your disqualification.
For questions regarding this recruitment or problems applying online, please contact:
Human Resources Department
Monterey Peninsula College
980 Fremont Street
Monterey, CA 93940
Telephone: (831) 645-1341
Text Teletype: (831) 645-1319
Applicants selected for interview will be notified by phone approximately 2-4 weeks following the application deadline. All other applicants will be notified by mail. Initial, on-campus interviews are tentatively scheduled the week of April 14th. Travel expenses are the sole responsibility of the applicant. Selected finalists will have second round interviews with the President and Vice President. These final interviews are generally conducted via SKYPE. Positions are subject to adequate funding and MPC reserves the right to close, continue, cancel, postpone or restart the recruitment at any time. MPC regrets that relocation assistance is not available.
Conditions of Employment:
Offers of employment are contingent upon Governing Board approval. Employment with Monterey Peninsula College is not complete or official until applicants meet all pre-employment requirements. All new employees are required to submit official transcripts, proof of freedom from tuberculosis, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States. Monterey Peninsula College does not sponsor H1B visas. Employees must sign the Oath or Affirmation of Allegiance and submit fingerprints for CA Department of Justice clearance.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.