Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/6/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Kern Community College District
Associate Dean, Nursing
The Associate Dean, Health Careers, reporting directly to the Dean, Nursing/Allied Health, is responsible for the coordination, administration, and operation of the Nursing (RN, VN), and Emergency Medical Technology (EMT-Basic) programs and the development of allied health programs to meet community needs. The Associate Dean will provide leadership and assume responsibility for evaluation of the Nursing, EMT-Basic, and continuing education curricula as required by various licensing and accrediting agencies.
Education and Experience
• Must meet requirements for “Director” according to BRN, BVNPTE regulations.
• Valid, active Registered Nurse license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
• Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, which includes course work in nursing, education, or administration.
• One year as a registered nurse providing direct patient care.
• Two years experience teaching in a pre-or-post-licensure nursing program within the last five years.
• Course or courses offered by an accredited school with instruction in administration, teaching, and curriculum development.
• A minimum of 3 years nursing administrative or nursing education experience within the last 5 years
• A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds and student with disabilities.
Minimum Qualifications from BRN
(1) A master’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university which includes course work in nursing, education or administration;
(2) One (1) years’ experience as an administrator with validated performance of administrative responsibilities consistent with section 1420(h);
(3) Two (2) years’ experience teaching in pre- or post-licensure registered nursing programs; and
(4) One (1) years’ continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience direct patient care as a registered nurse; or
(5) Equivalent experience and/or education, as determined by the board.
Minimum Qualifications from BVNPT:
(1) Hold a current California active license as a Registered Nurse; and
(2) Hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited school; and
(3) Have a minimum of three years’ experience as a registered nurse; one year shall be in teaching or clinical supervision, or a combination thereof, in a state accredited or approved registered nursing or vocational or practical nursing, or psychiatric technician school within the last five years; or a minimum of three years’ experience in nursing administration or nursing education within the last five years; and
(4) Have completed a course or courses offered by an accredited school with instruction in administration, teaching, and curriculum development.
The Kern Community College District provides a maximum contribution to an excellent health and welfare benefits plan. Vacation, sick leave, holidays, income protection and retirement included.
Knowledge and Abilities
Example of Duties:
• Coordinate the administration and operation of the Registered Nursing, Vocational Nursing, and EMT-Basic programs, including courses and clinical facilities in order to maximize the learning opportunities for students.
• Provide technical program information and assistance to faculty, administrators, staff, clinical agencies, and health facilities to promote the nursing, and other allied health programs.
• Be responsible for the development, evaluation, and revision of the curricula of the nursing and EMT programs for compliance with licensing, accrediting, agencies, and College policies and procedures.
• Assist in the promotion and marketing of the College image and articulation of the programs in the College service area. Maintain close liaison and harmonious relationships with area hospitals, related health care facilities, other Kern CCD nursing/allied health programs and educational and public agencies to foster strong working relationships.
• Prepare and review state and national reports required by accrediting and governmental agencies, including but not limited to the Board of Registered Nursing, the Board of Vocational Nursing and Psychiatric Technicians, Department of Health Services, and the EMT-I approval authority to maintain and enhance the standards of the programs.
• Evaluate the files of students entering the nursing, PT and EMT programs, including advising and notifying students of entrance status to the programs.
• Develop and administer the annual budget, maintain cost control of the budget and seek additional funding sources.
• Disseminate research findings on health education issues to the faculty and staff and other agencies as appropriate.
• Represent the College in local and state meetings related to nursing, PT and EMT programs, standards, and accreditation.
• Be responsible for the development and revision of allied health programs in order to meet community and student needs.
• Prepare and administer grants, as appropriate.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean, Nursing/Allied Health.
Knowledge and Abilities:
• Ability to provide leadership, stimulate cooperation and inspire collaboration of instructional staff and participate in professional organizations in health care and education; assist in the administration of the nursing, PT and EMT programs; supervise, evaluate, and assist assigned personnel; cooperate effectively with vocational advisory committees, College committees, and accrediting and licensing agencies
• Must have knowledge of laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to California Community Colleges, and to RN and VN nursing and EMT; teaching-learning process with special knowledge about career and technical educational programs. A demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to work effectively and harmoniously with students, colleagues, staff, and others is essential.
• Demonstrates a willingness to work with students who have a wide range of skills, motivation, and academic, or vocational goals.
• Possesses a strong knowledge of and commitment to the California Community Colleges mission and philosophy.
Position Number: 01011
Posting Date: 05/28/2014
Open Until Filled: Yes
Position Type: Management
Work Week: 40 hours per week, 12 month position
Minimum Salary: $81,672.77 per year
Maximum Salary: $116,660.80 per year
College/Site: Bakersfield College
Location: BC-Main Campus
Salary Grade: J1
Special Instructions to Applicants
First Review of Applications:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled; but those received by 5:00 p.m. (Pacific Standard Time) on Monday, June 30, 2014 are assured consideration. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
• Completed Online Application for Employment form
• Current resume
• Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
• Copy of legible transcripts, if applicable
• List of six (6) professional references – Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/481092
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.