Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/6/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to http://apptrkr.com/479714
To learn more about MiraCosta College and the superintendent/president search, visit www.miracosta.edu/superintendent.
This position is open until filled. First screening date is August 1, 2014
• An earned master's degree from an accredited institution.
• At least 3 years of recent experience in a senior administrative position in higher education, with responsibility for any one or more of the following: instructional services; student services; business and administrative services.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
• An earned doctorate from an accredited institution.
• At least 5 years experience of faculty or administrative service in a community college setting.
• A broadly recognized leader in facilitating successful outcomes for students, using data-driven planning, resource allocation and evaluation, all leading to a culture of continuous institutional improvement.
• Creates a climate of inclusion and collaboration, using institutional processes for managing organizational change in an effective and timely manner.
• Is a motivational force, capitalizing on strengths and addressing challenges in a creative, dynamic educational institution.
• Possesses a leadership style, work ethic and communication skills that inspire trust and confidence, both on campus and in the community.
• Is action- and results-oriented, delegates effectively, and has the courage and perseverance to make difficult decisions when necessary.
• Demonstrates an understanding of the academic environment and values diversity in all its dimensions, focusing on students' access to quality educational programs and services, high rates of retention, and success in achieving educational goals.
• Is strategic in pursuing an institutional vision, is a systems thinker, and understands the synergy brought about by the effective integration of quality programs and responsive services.
• Exhibits personal and professional ethics and integrity in all behavior and relationships; brings a strong sense of fairness, equity and transparency to all decision making; uses a consensus approach to conflict resolution; expects accountability in oneself and others.
• Has a strong record of dealing with institutional accreditation, resulting in high standards; effective practices; and accountability to students, other educational institutions and the public.
• Understands the collective bargaining and meet-and-confer environment and the need to work effectively with all employee groups; has experience in achieving successful negotiation outcomes.
• Has experience with, or a working understanding of, the financial opportunities and challenges of a California basic aid district.
• Engages in effective and frequent interaction with a governing board.
• Effectively leads the college in educational and facilities planning, using a collaborative and collegial pursuit of all such processes, including various solutions for funding new construction, facilities renovation, and infrastructure improvements.
• Has a successful record of cultivating and maintaining external relationships - i.e., represents the college to the community and garners support to advance the goals of the college and its service to students through functional partnerships, a college foundation, and pursuit of grant funding.
Special Instructions to Applicants
The position is open until filled. To be assured of consideration for this position, applicants are encouraged to apply by 5 p.m. on August 1, 2014.
• A complete application packet must include all of the following:
• A district administrator application form on which applicant identifies eight individuals familiar with his/her leadership experiences. If appropriate, these names should include two supervisors, two colleagues, two faculty and two staff.
• A current resume of professional experience, educational achievement and community involvement.
• Unofficial transcripts of advanced degrees and graduate course work. Legible photocopies are acceptable at this stage but must indicate that the degree has been awarded. Foreign transcripts must be accompanied by an agency evaluation.
• A letter of application (no more than five pages) in which the applicant states how s/he meets the desirable qualifications and speaks to the desired characteristics outlined in the posting.
• Additional materials will not be reviewed, and should not be submitted.
• Applications must be submitted online at www.miracosta.edu/superintendent.
Special Instructions to Applicants Continued
• A limited number of applicants will be invited for an initial interview. Applicants interviewed will make written and oral presentations. The screening/interview committee will forward finalists' names to the MiraCosta Community College District Board of Trustees for further consideration.
• Candidates invited for an initial interview with the committee will have ordinary and necessary travel expenses reimbursed up to $500, with documentation. Candidates invited for a final interview with the Board of Trustees will have ordinary and necessary travel expenses reimbursed up to $1,200 with documentation, depending upon distance travelled to MiraCosta College.
• Individuals with qualified disabilities who need accommodation with any aspect of the search process should contact Human Resources at 760.795.6865.
• All inquiries, nominations and applications will be held in the strictest confidence.
Compensation & Benefits
Salary is negotiable based on experience. The district offers a comprehensive benefits package that provides 100 percent district-paid medical, dental and vision premiums for all eligible employees/retirees and their eligible dependents and life insurance for the employee. A cafeteria-style plan includes two plan choices for medical and dental coverage and a variety of optional plans that can be selected. Payment for optional plans can be made from the district paid allowance ($200 per month if Kaiser is the medical plan selected or $50 per month if the PPO is the medical plan selected) or the funds can be allocated to a Section 125 flexible spending account (health care and/or dependent daycare expense reimbursement).
For confidential nomination or inquires please contact:
Dr. Dean Colli
PPL Search Consultant
Dr. Ben Duran
PPL Search Consultant
The MiraCosta Community College District Board of Trustees has launched a national search for the next MiraCosta College superintendent/president. The board seeks a recognized leader in facilitating student success who can lead change in a dynamic institution and create an environment for student achievement.
Celebrating its 80th year of educational excellence, MiraCosta College is the
second oldest community college in San Diego County. The district includes coastal communities from Oceanside through the northern portion of the
City of San Diego.
The MiraCosta Community College District mission is to provide superior educational opportunities and student-support services to a diverse population of learners with a focus on their success. MiraCosta offers associate degrees, university-transfer courses, career-and-technical education, certificate programs, basic-skills education, and lifelong-learning opportunities that strengthen the economic, cultural, social, and educational well-being of the communities it serves.
MiraCosta College Strengths
Excellence in teaching and learning, as evidenced by MiraCosta College having one of the highest transfer rates to four-year institutions in all of San Diego County. The 2014 graduating class is the largest in college history.
Credit enrollment has grown by 31 percent from spring 2008 to spring 2013, and distance education enrollment has increased by 170 percent during the same period.
The enrollment of active-duty military and veterans has doubled in the past five years. Today, MiraCosta College serves more than 1,900 military members and veterans and another 1,000 of their family members. The college has been named a military-friendly institution, a distinction given to only 15 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
MiraCosta College is recognized as a leader in sustainability, and recently added a new, fully sustainable modular science building on the Oceanside Campus.
MiraCosta College has been designated a Hispanic Serving Institution by the federal government and is one of only
250 institutions nationwide to receive this distinction.
MiraCosta College is a basic aid district.
MiraCosta College has been working with local industry to respond to demand for workers in various careers. The Department of Labor awarded the college a $2.75 million federal grant to start a Technology Career Institute, which will prepare students - including returning military veterans and the unemployed - for highly skilled, high-paying employment.
Over the past 10 years, the college foundation has secured revenues of more than $12.7 million in support of the college's students, programs and priorities. In 2014, nearly $400,000 was awarded in student scholarships and direct student aid and an additional $600,000 was expended in support of college programs.
MiraCosta College is committed to maintaining a collaborative and inclusive organizational environment.
MiraCosta College is one of Oceanside's largest employers: between our part-time and full-time employees, the college has 1,006 employees. The Union-Tribune San Diego conducted a survey and deemed MiraCosta College a "Top Place to Work."
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.