Detailed Job Description
Bentley University is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to provide high quality, timely, professional, confidential, accessible, evidence-based clinical health care for all full-time students. With a strong commitment and respect for diversity, this position supports our students in achieving optimum personal and academic success. This position also supports the academic mission as the overall physical, emotional and social health of our students is a necessary component for their success in their academic and personal endeavors.
Additional Description of Duties:
- Provide confidential, evidence based, high quality, timely, direct medical care, and that is respectful to all individuals.
- Review all pertinent medical information in the patient's electronic health record and document this review.
- Obtain thorough medical histories, perform physical exams and order, obtain, review and follow up pertinent lab data related to the presenting problem.
- Provide treatment recommendations and prescriptions according to best practices, evidence based medicine and in accordance with the collaborative agreement with the physician-consultant.
- Always keep in mind ethics and confidentiality as well as risk management with all encounters with patients and/or their families.
- Communicate clearly and respectfully with patients and recognize and support differences while providing culturally competent health care.
- Refer to appropriate outside medical and mental health consultants/specialists and follow up as needed.
- Consult with the director, physician-consultants and nurse practitioner colleagues when necessary.
- Document any patient or family encounter in the electronic health record in a timely manner.
- Collaborate respectfully with other key offices on campus especially the Counseling Center, University Police, Residential Center and the Dean's office when appropriate and indicated.
- Notify the director of any serious medical or psychological concerns.
- Keep current with up to date medical literature and participate actively in weekly clinical case conferences.
- Triage patients with acute urgent medical situations promptly and refer as needed for appropriate emergency or follow up care.
Master's Degree in Nursing / Nurse Practitioner program plus 3 years of clinical experience. Strong clinical and interpersonal skills, experience with adolescent/young adult patient population.
Urgent Care, Emergency Room, ICU experience.
Computer experience with electronic health records.
License(s) Required for the Position
Massachusetts Registered Nurse Licensure, Massachusetts Board of Nursing Approval to practice nursing in the Expanded Role, current American Nurses Credentialing Center National Board Certification.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/vg97qwt