Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/3/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Posting Number: FY14231451
Division: UA - University Advancement
Position Department: Advancement Services
Position Classification: EF - Exempt/Full Time
Position Cost Center: 4501
Position Band: 31E-Exempt/Salaried
Title of Person to which Position Reports: Director, Advancement Services & Operations
Description of Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, the Advancement Services Database Manager's primary function is to oversee all aspects of data imports and exports, report generation, and data integrity.
Additional Description of Duties: The Advancement Services Database Manager:
- Coordinates and manages all Millennium system maintenance including system alerts, options, user security, and utilities including Standard and Custom.
- Works collaboratively with IT to monitor the Oracle database used by the web-based Millennium software, including: monitoring system performance, security, and data integrity; planning and supervising timely software upgrades; designing database views; developing SQL queries; and troubleshooting software, and connectivity issues.
- Works with the Director of Advancement Systems and Operations and other staff to reengineer existing processes, streamline current work and develop business processes using best practices for data storage and gift reporting.
- Designs and troubleshoots system interfaces, including Banner, Harris, iModules, Ruffalo Cody, Campus Call and others.
- Develops new processes, forms, and databases in Test environment and applies in Production environment.
- Supports the reporting needs of the division by providing complex reporting capabilities utilizing Crystal and Cognos; creates and maintains the underlying Millennium data structure and business rules for data entry.
- Provides Millennium training and support to internal divisional staff.
- Monitors system logs and nightly job runs.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field plus 5 years of relevant database and application systems experience, preferably in higher education or fundraising. Demonstrated extensive technical, systems analysis and programming skills required. Strong analytical/problem solving skills, understanding of fund-raising practices, and strong communication skills desired.
Software Knowledge: Experience with Relational Database Management, Crystal Reports, Cognos reports and Millennium fundraising software preferred.
License(s) Required for the Position:
Required Applicant Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Please provide schedule hours:
Months Per Year: 12
Posting Date: 05-30-2014
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Position Type: Staff
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.bentley.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52390
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.