Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/3/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Associate Dean of Health
Chippewa Valley Technical College
Health Education Center (Eau Claire)
Full Time or Part Time
Based on management level 4 salary range: minimum salary of $59,000 and maximum of $88,000. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Projected Start Date
As soon as possible
Hours Per Week
Full-time, salaried position
Full-time, salaried position located at the Health Education Center in Eau Claire with programs located at multiple campuses. Travel is required.
• Health and dental insurance for all family members
• Life and long-term disability insurance
• Wisconsin Retirement System
• 403(B) tax deferred annuity program
• 457 deferred compensation plan
• Section 125 flexible spending accounts
• Paid vacation, holidays, personal and sick leave
Job Description Summary
The Associate Dean of Health will work closely with faculty and staff to improve and enhance health education program effectiveness. This management position will be directly accountable to the Dean of Health and Emergency Services. Responsibilities include health education faculty development and evaluation, new program development, ensuring continuing program operation, and oversight of various initiatives that are part of CVTC’s Health Education Center (HEC) including program accreditation and operations in the simulation lab.
• Ensure appropriate staffing for efficient and effective operation of health programs and supportive services.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of health program budgets with program directors.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of new health programs to meet the needs of the health care industry.
• Facilitate health program grant projects.
• Coordinate the scheduling of health programs and customized training for the Health Education Center.
• Collaborate with college leaders and deans to monitor and ensure employee performance (evaluation) of full-time and part-time faculty at all campuses.
• Develop and maintain relationships with clinical sites.
• Assist programs going through the accreditation process.
• Facilitate health faculty and staff selection process.
• Coordinate capital equipment and supply budgets for health programs.
• Administer health program grants and complete all necessary grant reporting.
• Assist with student advising and problem solving.
• Assist with health program advisory committee selection and operations.
• Facilitate communication between program faculty.
• Monitor health program state-wide curriculum projects.
• Relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
• Ability to organize and multi-task.
• Participate on appropriate college teams and contribute to accomplishing the goals and objectives of the team(s).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong leadership skills.
• Strong facilitation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interpret and explain information to a variety of persons and groups.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as the ability to work independently toward department goals.
• Ability to resolve conflicts.
• Knowledge and skill with technology including computer software programs for data collection, decision making, communication, etc.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with individuals from diverse backgrounds and abilities, community agencies, and the general public.
• Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel to various campuses.
Training and Experience
• Master’s degree in Nursing.
• Minimum of three years of teaching experience in a health care area at post-secondary level.
• Minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of experience working as a nurse.
• RN licensure in Wisconsin.
• Must meet Instructional Supervisory Certification requirements of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS). Meeting the 4 bulleted items above fulfills provisional certification requirements. For more details see TSC 3.06 at http://mywtcs.wtcsystem.edu/certification/resources/administrative-code
• Experience with staff development and evaluation preferred.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.
The following physical demands are representative of those that are required for employees to successfully perform the essential functions of a majority of jobs at Chippewa Valley Technical College.
The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms, hear and talk. The employee may be required to run, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb, balance, taste, and smell. May seldom be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with the aid of moving equipment, if needed. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, Chippewa Valley Technical College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Unique College Requirements
Employment with CVTC is contingent upon successful completion of background check(s).
Additional Information for Applicants
Equal Opportunity Notice Chippewa Valley Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the College’s nondiscrimination policies: Director of Human Resources Chippewa Valley Technical College 620 W. Clairemont Ave. Eau Claire, WI 54701
Mission Statement CVTC delivers innovative and applied education that supports the workforce needs of the region, improves the lives of students, and adds value to our communities.
Vision Statement CVTC is a dynamic partner for students, employers, and communities to learn, train, and succeed.
To be considered for this position, an online application is required. Visit: http://apptrkr.com/478491
Open Until Filled
Job Open Date
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.