Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/26/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Louis University (SLU), a Catholic Jesuit institution dedicated to education, research, healthcare and service, is accepting applications for a non-tenure track, 12-month instructor/assistant professor faculty appointment in the Department of Physician Assistant (PA) Education. This is a new faculty position which will increase the number of principal faculty members within the SLU PA Program. General responsibilities for this full-time position includes didactic and clinical teaching, course coordination and/or site coordination, supervising and advising students in the didactic and clinical phases of the PA program, participation in research or scholarly activity and service to the university, the community and/or the physician assistant profession.
Qualified applicants are experienced physician assistants who meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of an ARC-PA accredited physician assistant program
- Minimum of a master's degree in physician assistant studies or related health science or near completion of master degree coursework; a doctoral degree or work towards this preferred
- Current NCCPA certification
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience
- Academic or clinical health-related teaching experience preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Meets eligibility requirements for Missouri licensure
- History of successful research/scholarship preferred
- Computer competency and excellent organizational skills
- Alignment with the mission of the university and the PA program
The primary mission of the Saint Louis University Physician Assistant Program is to educate men and women to become competent, compassionate physician assistants dedicated to excellence in healthcare and the service of humanity. The SLU Physician Assistant Program was one of the first twelve PA programs in the country and has enjoyed a long reputation of academic excellence and solid leadership in PA Education. The program accepts 34 students each year, offers a rigorous and dynamic curriculum, awards the Master of Medical Science degree (M.M.S.) to its graduates and has a five-year first-time PANCE pass rate of 98%.
Application Details: All applications must be made online at https://jobs.slu.edu. Required materials include: a cover letter, application, and current curriculum vitae. Review of qualified applications will begin as received and continue until the position is filled.
Saint Louis University is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer, and encourages nominations and applications from women and minorities.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.