Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/25/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Job Summary: Under general direction, manages and directs nursing care activities and coordinates care planning with other disciplines.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Ensures efficient and coordinated clinic flow by coordinating and planning clinic activities; communicates patients needs; makes referrals; serves as a resource person of insurance information.
- Delivers direct patient care; assesses patients physical, psychosocial and/or emotional needs; provides patient and family teaching; triages patients and informs physician of patient status; responds to phone messages from patients and informs physicians as needed; orders supplies; stocks and maintains patients rooms; sterilizes instruments.
- Administers medications as assigned; serves as a resource person for knowledge of medication uses, side effects, and dosage; checks for proper medication order; documents medications; obtains required consent forms to administer immunizations; notifies pharmacies of physician approved prescriptions; reviews drug samples to insure they have not exceeded the expiration date; labels sample drugs and educates patients of medication administration.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Customer service skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to instruct/teach/tutor
- Ability to receive telephone inquiries in a tactful, helpful manner
- Ability to respond to emergency situations and unpleasant elements
Education and experience equivalent to:
Graduation from an approved RN program; supplemented with one (1) year related experience. A Missouri RN License is required.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.