Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/25/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Under general supervision, performs administrative duties which include maintaining department accounts, compiling information and analyzing data, and preparing reports; coordinates activities of a department project or program; coordinates department computing and software resources, including web activities; prepares and processes correspondence, agendas, general papers, manuscripts, and/or publication materials; prepares purchasing and timekeeping information.
CHARACTERISTIC JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include any and/or all of the following:
- Prepares and processes confidential correspondence, reports, agendas, and general papers; composes and types routine correspondence, memos, letters, reports, etc.; processes exams, forms, schedules, contracts, grants, and general correspondence; prepares and edits papers, reports, agendas, and/or manuscripts for publication.
- Maintains departmental databases, budgets, cash controls, and accounting and purchasing records; coordinates billing to departments; maintains accounts receivable database system; processes and maintains payroll and personnel records for staff and students; researches, gathers, and analyzes data.
- Regularly coordinates the activities of a department project or program; coordinates department events; coordinates department computing and software resources, which may include a web page.
- Arranges conferences and meetings; prepares and assembles materials; makes, confirms, and processes travel arrangements and expense reports; schedules appointments and arranges meetings; screens phone calls; maintains schedules and calendars; monitors inventory.
- May supervise clerical/student staff; performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Knowledge of computing hardware and software resources, including web activity
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Program coordination skills
- Organizational/planning skills
- Accounting and bookkeeping skills
- Ability to compose and edit correspondence
- Ability to prepare reports and publications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to type and operate personal computer, various software programs, and modern office equipment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and experience equivalent to:
High school diploma or equivalent; supplemented with related coursework, and one (1) year of related work experience.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.