Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 11/16/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Director of Title IX and Equal Employment Opportunity Programs
Department: Human Resources
The Director of Title IX and Equal Employment Opportunity Programs serves as the University’s Title IX and oversees the Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action functions of the university. Responsible for the oversight of compliance efforts, design and delivery of educational materials and training to the campus community, investigation and disposition of complaints, statistical and narrative reporting, and monitoring of search committees and selection processes. The position provides leadership and guidance in the University’s goal of creating a community of diversity and inclusive excellence. Coordinates the University’s efforts to comply with statutory and regulatory requirements as they relate to antidiscrimination laws and policies.
Receives general guidance and direction from the Assistant Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer. May give work direction to interns and/or student employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as the University’s Title IX Coordinator
• Administers the university’s written affirmative action plan
• Oversees and ensures EEO/AA compliance in university employment practices
• Conducts investigations as needed in response to employee complaints
• Participates in university programs and strategic initiatives relating to Title IX and EEO/AA
• Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, human resources management, communication studies, counseling or other related field required. JD or Master’s degree strongly preferred. At least five years’ experience in equal opportunity/affirmative action, employee relations, human resources or closely related field.
Prefer higher education experience, litigation/mediation experience.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Demonstrated understanding, and thorough knowledge, of federal/state regulations related to employment and employee relations, including but not limited to EEO, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, and Title IX.
• Current knowledge of California labor law preferred.
• Ability to conduct investigation interviews using proactive listening skills and thorough questioning techniques is essential.
• Knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse constituencies.
• Ability to set strategic direction, design and implement effective plans/programs.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment and utilize diplomacy in handling sensitive matters.
• Computer proficiency, including MS Office, HRIS, and affirmative action software programs; strong reporting and recordkeeping skills.
• Skills in collaboration, change management, and consensus building.
• Skills in investigation, negotiation and conflict management.
• Strong presentation skills. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to gather, assemble, analyze, and evaluate facts, evidence, data and other information in order to draw reasonable and fair conclusions and make sound decisions.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, objectivity and fairness.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and changing business conditions.
• Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes. Serious candidates are encouraged to request official transcripts to help expedite the hiring process.
Salary: Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a 12% retirement contribution given to you by the University, and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Business & Administration: Human Resources: Benefits (http://www.sandiego.edu/hr/benefits-compensation/)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm
Closing date: Open Until Filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
To complete our online application, visit http://apptrkr.com/473245. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.