Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 6/14/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Vice President for the College
The Portland Community College District
Portland Community College (PCC) is the largest institution of post-secondary education in Oregon, educating over 90,000 students. The college services more than two million residents in the metropolitan Portland area. It is located in northwest Oregon, and offers classes through four campuses and three workforce training centers, as well as in a variety of other community locations.
The College is governed by a seven-member board of directors. A College President oversees the operations of the College and selects executive officers. The Cascade, Sylvania, and Rock Creek campuses offer comprehensive associate degree programs and student services. PCC’s Southeast/Extended Learning Campus will be the fourth comprehensive campus.
Portland Community College Mission
PCC advances the region’s long-term vitality by delivering accessible, quality education to support the academic, professional, and personal development of the diverse students and communities we serve.
PCC is committed to hiring employees who are dedicated to providing quality education in an environment that encourages the full realization of each individual’s potential. The college offers students of all ages, races, cultures, economic levels, and previous educational experience opportunities for personal growth and attainment of their goals. PCC wants to hire people who value the mission of the comprehensive community college and who excel in a vibrant, changing workplace.
The Vice President of the College will report to the College President and serve as a member of the college executive team. Together, they will work to navigate Portland Community College in an environment of educational, economic, political, and social challenges and opportunities.
Under the direction of the College President, the Vice President of the College:
• Provides strategic leadership throughout the College
• Ensures advancement of Portland Community College’s strategic plan in line with the College’s mission , vision and values
• Fosters Collaboration with faculty, staff, students, and external community members through a focus on best practices and continuous improvement
• Provides leadership to the College
• Serves as acting President in the President’s absence from the College
• Should be a visionary leader of integrity, with an ability to lead, inspire, and manage a complex organization within a collective bargaining environment
Candidates should possess a graduate degree from an accredited institution of higher education and ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in the administration of large organizations; including five (5) years in a senior level position providing supervision to management and staff. Strong preference will be given for experience with one or more of the following areas in higher education: Human Resources, Information Technology, Physical Plant, Strategic Planning, Advancement, Finance, and Legal Counsel.
CANDIDATES SHOULD PRESENT A RECORD OF:
• Leading diverse constituents and fostering a community dedicated to equity, cultural competency, and inclusion
• Balancing and aligning competing interests such as administrative and academic needs with while maintaining a student-centered or client-centered approach to decision making
• Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums
• Evaluating research to identify potential solutions, resolve problems, or provide information
• Developing, administering, and managing budgets
• Planning, analyzing, and evaluating programs and services, operational needs, and fiscal constraints
• Salary Range: $120,524 to $174,762 per year; Starting Salary to be negotiated.
• Excellent benefit package includes but is not limited to: Medical, Dental and Vision insurance; FSA/HSA option; employer sponsored Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Long Term Care insurance option; 12 days sick leave; 11 paid holidays; 3 personal days; 22 vacation days; tuition waiver for employee and dependents; Retirement plan; Executive deferred annuity; Management tax deferred annuity. Additional benefits may include: automobile and general expense allowances, and additional tax-deferred annuity; subject to Board approval.
Application Procedure: Application materials will only be accepted through the PCC online application process. For maximum consideration, please apply by June 9th, 2014 at 5 p.m. For complete details and to apply, please visit the Job Opportunities website: http://apptrkr.com/472037 or cut and paste the following link into your browser: jobs.pcc.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=54441
For confidential inquires please contact:
NEAL NAIGUS, ASSISTANT TO THE COLLEGE PRESIDENT
For further inquires please contact:
PCC EMPLOYMENT SERVICES MANAGER
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, veterans, disabled veterans, and individuals with disabilities to enhance its workforce and to reflect the diversity of the student body. PCC provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.