Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/29/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
The Dean is the CEO of the Fletcher School. S/he is responsible for (a) engaging with faculty to realize the mission of Fletcher as an academic enterprise of excellence and impact, (b) managing Fletcher’s resources optimally and aligning Fletcher within the Tufts community, (c) raising goodwill, financial resources, and human capital to support Fletcher’s mission, and (d) leading Fletcher in continuing its impact on international and global affairs. The Dean reports to the University Provost (chief academic officer).
The Executive Assistant to the Dean provides complex executive administrative support and plays a crucial role in the successful operation of the office, and by extension, The Fletcher School. Duties of the job are broad and encompass the following: managing and prioritizing communication between the Dean and wide range of internal and external constituencies; organizational and logistical planning for the Dean’s complex calendar of meetings and events; organizing and planning complex and worldwide travel arrangements; providing advanced editing and proofreading for correspondence and reports; participating in or managing projects for the Dean’s office; the routing of requests, correspondence and other materials to appropriate School and University personnel; and the handling of confidential and complex situations and requests.
• Associates degree with 7+ years of related experience.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office functions especially word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), PowerPoint, data base, and Outlook.
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Sound judgment to handle sensitive information, route info to appropriate individuals.
• Demonstrated ability in budget monitoring and development. Demonstrated ability to multi-task. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a wide range of individuals, for example, from Board members and heads of major international organizations to students from many cultures and perspectives from across the globe.
• Discretion, integrity, stamina, mature judgment, ability to work under pressure, and a good sense of humor required.
• Must successfully complete all appropriate background checks as required.
Bachelor’s degree and familiarity with Tufts working environment preferred.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Evening and weekend work required from time to time. Actions by the Executive Assistant reflect strongly on the Dean, the School, and the University. The quality of the work, the manner of communication and attention given to issues all shape the way that internal and external constituents view the Dean’s office.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/74rkhzy
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.