Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
ResponsibilitiesThe Marketing & Communications Editor is responsible for assisting the Director of Marketing & Outreach and Assistant Director of Marketing & Outreach implement the School of Economics and Business Administration's strategic integrated marketing communication plan and outreach initiatives. Chiefly, the M&C Editor is responsible for developing editorial pieces that support all internal and external communications.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Outreach, the key responsibilites of this position are:
1) Act as editorial director and writer for the school's bi-monthly newsletter (SEBA Connection)
2) Produce profile and marketing copy for brochures, website and emails.
3) Manage integrated social media efforts.
4) Work closely with admissions staff to coordinate and implement email marketing campaigns to prospetive students. 5) Support the director and assistant director of marketing in implementing the integrated marketing plan.
Newsletter--Manage editorial content and production of SEBA Connection, the school's bi-monthly internal/external newsletter. Distribute content to other channels (SMC Bulletin, website, etc.) as needed. Work with email marketing platform to build and distribute newsletter.
Marketing Collateral--Produce marketing collateral (student, faculty, alumni profiles, as well as marketing copy) for brochures including the Dean's Report, websites, advertising, etc. Conduct interviews with and seek approvals from subjects. Work with school's content management platform and html to add content to the website.
Email marketing--Schedule, draft and implement email marketing campaign to prospective students. Work with director of marketing and admissions team to build and coordinate a schedule of email content to help nurture leads and drive traffic to registration forms and admissions events.
Social media--Coordinate and manage social media outreach through LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media channels.
Other Duties As Assigned: Assist Director of Marketing & Outreach and Assistant Director of Marketing & Outreach with other marketing tasks as needed. This may include direction of photo shoots, management of photo resources, website development, event planning and management, alumni outreach, advertising development, videography, etc. Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:Required: Bachelor's Degree Preferred: Master's
Experience: 2-3 years of editorial experience, preferably in marketing communications specifically focused on writing and editing
- A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our business' mission.
- A strong writing/editing background and 2-3 years of marketing and content creation experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively and effectively in a team.
- A comprehensive understanding of the industry's best email practices and familiarity with email marketing platforms.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- Experience managing non-personal social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google+, etc.
- Some basic design skills using tools like PowerPoint, Photoshop, and InDesign.
- Experience with Google Analytics and Adwords is a plus.
- Photography and video production experience is a plus
Other Requirements: Weeknight evening hours (alumni events) and minimal weekend hours are required. Travel to various recruiting and alumni events (weekday) in the Bay Area is also required. There are an average of 3-4 evening events per month.
Depends on Qualifications
Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. 1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.