Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/2/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
This position is responsible for directing the college’s public safety operations.
• Directs activities related to the safety and security of the main campus and all satellite facilities.
• Hires, trains, assign, direct, supervises, evaluates and disciplines department personnel.
• Serves as Emergency Management Coordinator for San Juan College.
• Administers safety and security programs.
• Identifies needs and develops safety training for faculty, staff and students.
• Maintains the department of Public Safety policy and procedures manual.
• Maintains and updates the emergency operation plan.
• Develops and administers departmental budgets.
• Enforces parking regulations through cooperation with the Farmington Police Department.
• Serves as liaison between the college and San Juan County Emergency services.
• Responds to emergency situations, including after-hours emergencies.
• Performs related duties.
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
• Knowledge of college policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of college personnel policies.
• Knowledge of budget management principles.
• Knowledge of public safety principles as related to college campuses.
• Knowledge of college campus security principles.
• Knowledge of computers and job related software programs.
Skill in decision making and problem solving.
• Skill in the completion of a variety of reports.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
• Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
• Skill in working effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
The Vice President for Student Serves assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews work through conferences, reports and observation of department activities.
Guidelines include the San Juan College behavioral codes; related local, state and federal laws; the Clery Act; OSHA guidelines; the San Juan County Emergency Operations Plan; and college and department policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application. This position develops departmental guidelines.
COMPLEXITY: SCOPE OF WORK
• The work consists of varied duties in directing the college’s public safety operations.
• The purpose of this position is to direct public safety operations for the college. Success in this position contributes to the safety of college staff, students, visitors and property.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, faculty, staff, representatives of local law enforcement and emergency response agencies, students and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, to provide services, or to motivate or influence persons.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: WORK ENVIRONMENT
• The work is typically performed while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping or walking. The employee occasionally lifts light objects. The employee uses the sense of smell.
• The work is typically performed in an office and outdoors, occasionally in cold or inclimate weather.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGERIAL RESPONSIBILITIY
The position has direct supervision over Assistant Director (1), Security Supervisor (1), and administrative secretary (1).
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.