Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Responsibilities Works for the College’s marketing and communications department and campus clients on high impact projects both internally- and externally-facing to design and produce electronic pieces that communicate effectively, integrate and consistently express the SMC brand, and celebrate the unique qualities of a Saint Mary’s education and its community. Works as a project coordinator (20%), collaborating with the creative director, web director, writers and designer to maintain an oversight of all projects.
1. Adept at building assets for social media such as Facebook covers, twitter backgrounds, graphics for social media posts, all with an eye toward brand cohesion.
2. Experienced designing email campaigns particular to audience segmentation and specific desired action. Experienced working in third party applications such as Constant Contact and UnBounce.
3. Experienced in web design with a focus on implementation in a content management system (we use Drupal). Savvy designing across all platforms from mobile and tablet to desktop.
4. Comfortable collaborating and working with a cross-functional team. Able to engage intelligently in ideas and translating technical requirements into beautiful, strategic and user-friendly designs. Able to work both independently and collaboratively with clients and colleagues, and provide and receive constructive feedback.
5. Passionate about type, color, intuitive layouts and hierarchical display of information. Familiar with HTML and CSS, and experienced with responsive design and Adobe Creative Suite CS5+. Comfortable working with project tracking software.
Other Duties As Assigned: Experience in print design and developing mobile apps preferred.
Experience and Qualifications:Required: BA
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in digital design field, print experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Passionate about type, color, intuitive layouts and hierarchical display of information.
Familiar with HTML and CSS, and experienced with responsive design and Adobe Creative Suite CS5+. Comfortable working with project tracking software.
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu.1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.