The University of Connecticut, School of Fine Arts invites applications for a nine month, non-tenure track faculty position at the level of Assistant Professor in-Residence. The position will have a focus on Digital Media Strategies for Business including digital and social media platforms, and program development in combination with digital and social analytics with the position starting on 8/23/2014, renewable on an annual basis. The selected candidate will teach introduction to graduate level classes in the areas of: digital publishing, digital consumer behavior, digital advertising, digital marketing, social media, mobile platforms, e-commerce, website and video strategies, content marketing and social media analytics. The incumbent will also support faculty collaborations through the Digital Media Center centered on digital media in the commercial space for purposes of Business communications, Marketing, Branding, Advertising, and Entertainment.
- BFA, BA or BS in Business, Marketing, Advertising or other appropriate fields. Equivalent foreign degrees are acceptable.
- Demonstrated expertise in the integration of digital tools (websites, social media, video, email, apps) with traditional tools (video, print, and radio) in the marketing of a products and services for business.
- Evidence of industry experience in the design and development of a marketing plan for a product or suite of services including developing a situation analysis, SWOT analysis, objectives, targets, strategy, tactics, implementation and evaluation.
- Active user of social media, especially Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest.
- MS, MBA, MFA or MA in business marketing, advertising, digital communications or other appropriate fields.
- A record of distinguished teaching and mentoring at the undergraduate level.
- Demonstrated professional/commercial experience of innovative digital media strategies for business.
- Familiarity with graphic design and web design.
- Understanding of the design and development of a web site/mobile app with functional knowledge of creative applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere or their equivalents
- The ability to contribute through research, teaching, and/or public engagement to the diversity and excellence of the learning experience.
This is a full-time, nine (9)-month, appointment. Salary is competitive and based on qualifications and professional experience. The successful candidate’s primary academic appointment will be at the UConn Stamford campus with the possibility of travel to Storrs on occasion.
Please provide a letter of application, complete curriculum vitae, 3 references, digital portfolio and a statement of teaching philosophy via Husky Hire. We will continue to review applications until the position is filled, but to insure full consideration, application materials should be submitted no later than May 15, 2014. Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.