Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 10/6/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Department Dean’s Office-Education and Human Services
The Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services at Utah State University seeks a dynamic individual for an important leadership position. The Director of Nursing Programs and Assistant Department Head is a 12-month leadership and tenure-track position at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor. The successful candidate will have a solid background in nursing education and a demonstrated ability to provide innovative leadership for a statewide associate’s degree RN program that is offered at several USU regional campuses. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the ability and passion to explore and lead the development and implementation of a BSN program for the USU Main campus and an RN to BSN completion program to serve the state of Utah as part of USU’s land grant mission. The Director of Nursing Programs will be a vital member of the department leadership team and be housed at USU’s main campus in Logan, UT.
1. Provide exemplary vision and leadership for the nursing programs at Utah State University.
2. Create and maintain high quality accredited nursing programs that positively serve USU and the state of Utah.
3. Manage the operations of the nursing programs to optimize flexibility, adaptability, efficiency and effectiveness.
4. Promote a positive climate built on trust, integrity, and accountability.
5. Actively promote the development of new programs and the expansion of existing programs, as appropriate.
6. Communicate clear and compelling rationales for program needs, and clearly describe future ambitions of the programs to university and community stakeholders.
7. Facilitate community and clinical collaborations to benefit the programs.
8. Promote the recruitment and retention of high quality faculty in the USU nursing programs.
9. Contribute as a member of the faculty in the areas of instruction, research and professional service as agreed upon with the department head.
10. Promote the internal and external recognition of the nursing programs.
11. Participate in state and national professional and leadership associations.
1. An earned doctoral degree with a graduate degree in nursing.
2. Demonstrated knowledge of current trends and issues in higher education, nursing education, health care and professional nursing.
2. A record of excellent teaching, scholarship, and service in the area of nursing.
3. Evidence of the ability to work with external constituencies, including health care partners.
4. Evidence of excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5. Ability to promote a positive and collaborative environment with faculty and staff.
6. A current nursing license in the State of Utah or eligibility for a license in the state.
1. Program leadership experience in nursing education.
2. Minimum of five years of faculty experience in a nursing education program.
3. Curriculum development experience.
4. Demonstrated ability to be innovative around program planning, development and implementation.
5. Experience with nursing accreditation processes.
6. Experience or familiarity with working in a multi campus program.
Review Date 04-28-2014
Position Close Date Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with experience, plus excellent benefits
See http://jobs.usu.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=59980 for more information and to apply online.
Requisition Number 054481
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.
Apply Here : http://www.Click2Apply.net/t7zqcf5
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.