Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/18/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
· Participate in the Administrative staff meetings and collaborations within the other Student Success units. Maintain Career Development 3 year calendar in collaboration with the Vice Provost of Undergraduate Academics. Attend professional development seminars/conferences as sponsored by the Vice Provost of Undergraduate Academics. Collaborate and monitor with the Director of the Career Development Center and the Student Success Office Manager the budget for the Career Development Center.
· Daily administration and customer service/troubleshooting support of GaeLink, our job/internship postings website and career management system. Includes approving and posting jobs, making announcements, calendaring events/workshops, pulling analytics, running data reports and other related functions.
· Administer and update Career Center website on a regular basis
· Update Facebook page/other social media as necessary
· Check and answer voice mail and channel phone calls and voicemails appropriately and monitor “careers” email inbox multiple times per day
· Greet all visitors to the Career Center, interact frequently with college-aged students and employers
· Assess student needs and direct them to the appropriate counselor or resource in the Career Center
· Apprise counselors of scheduling needs to ensure full coverage at critical times of year
· Schedule appointments (using Google Calendar) for all department members
· Maintain the schedule of workshops on website and master calendars of the department
· Hire, train, schedule hours, supervise, approve timesheets and monitor student wage line for all student aides
· Monitor office supplies budget line, order and purchase office supplies and other requirements for the Career Center
· Keep records on alumni and sponsor payments and track expiration dates
· Submit appropriate work orders to maintain facilities and technical resources for department
· Collect and compile monthly reports from all staff and deliver to Director
· Compile annual report, job postings reports and keep stats of student usage of the Career Center
· Take notes and type minutes at monthly staff meetings, retreats, etc.,
· Ensure that office is kept tidy and clean, including kitchen
· Other duties as assigned
· 3-5 years experience in administrative assistant capacity or similar work experience
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills are essential
· Advanced computer skills (Word Office Suite) and ability to create marketing pieces
· Experience with technology including database or program management software
· Expertise with Adobe In Design or similar publishing software preferred
· Advanced knowledge of social media, i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn and Internet
· Excellent writing, proofing, and public relations skills
· Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, e.g. office traffic/phone-calls
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
· Commitment to the values and mission of Saint Mary’s College of California in a manner that respects the College's Catholic, Liberal Arts, and Lasallian traditions
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.