Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/18/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
New York University, one of the foremost private, global research institutions in the United States is seeking an exceptional leader to serve as the inaugural Director of the NYU Global Institute of Public Health.
New York University is the largest private research university in the country and is rapidly evolving as a global network university. Founded in 1831, NYU currently has more than 40,000 students. Its famous Washington Square location takes full advantage of Greenwich Village, one of the nation’s most vibrant, creative neighborhoods. With study abroad centers on five continents, NYU has recruited international scholars and pioneered new programs. In a recent unprecedented move, NYU and the Emirate of Abu Dhabi worked together to establish the first four-year, liberal arts, research university in the Gulf region – NYU Abu Dhabi. NYU Shanghai, a comprehensive research university with a liberal arts and science college in China’s financial capital, is poised to welcome its first class in 2013.
The NYU Global Institute of Public Health (GIPH) is a new multi-school, multi-disciplinary University-wide entity that builds on NYU’s unique multi-campus and site Global Network University structure to foster excellence in global public health teaching, research and service activities. The inaugural GIPH Director will lead all of the Institute’s activities, and will also hold a tenured position in one of NYU’s schools or colleges. The GIPH Director will report directly to the Executive Vice President for Health. The Institute will house the University's principal public health degree programs: doctoral, masters, and undergraduate, with each of the programs being a university-wide program with multiple school partners. The Institute will also house a global public health research center, serving as a University-wide resource for large scale, multi-school, multi-disciplinary and multi-site research projects. In addition to housing and running the academic programs, the Institute will organize lectures, conferences, workshops, and events for the University and the community. The Institute model allows the intellectual capital of the entire university to create a critical intellectual “mass.”
NYU is seeking a Director who is a recognized leader in global public health, with a proven track record in funding, research, program development, and training who can head the new, innovative, multi-school and multi-disciplinary GIPH. Overall, the Director will be responsible for the Institute’s operation and for providing strategic direction for the development, implementation and evaluation of the Institute.
Essential responsibilities include:
• provide vision and direction to ensure successful development and implementation of the Institute and its academic public health program (undergraduate and graduate);
• oversee the operations of the Institute, activate and organize major initiatives involving multiple schools, faculty, and University leadership;
• establish strategy for active fundraising and development;
• develop collaborative global public health research initiatives;
• cultivate public, private and academic partnerships within and beyond NYU;
• work closely with faculty and leadership peers from throughout the University, including school deans and directors, as well as with senior university leadership.
Qualifications include the following:
• academic record worthy of tenure in one of NYU’s schools or colleges;
• recognized leader in global public health with experience in diverse international settings;
• strong track record in global-health related research;
• demonstrated leadership experience in large university or comparable setting;
• experience in and appetite for development and fundraising, to grow the Institute’s funding beyond initial seed funding
Initial screening of applicants will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled. Nominations, applications, and confidential inquiries should be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line of GIPH Director Search. The Search Committee Chair is Dr. Charles Bertolami, Herman Robert Fox Dean, NYU College of Dentistry who may be reached at 212-998-9898. Strict confidentiality will be maintained.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.