Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 5/5/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
San Juan College is seeking a proven, dynamic leader in education who shares our vision and is committed to our iCARE values to join our executive leadership team.
San Juan College is committed to serving the needs of our students through a process of continuous quality improvement. We uphold and affirm the following iCARE values:
The position reports directly to the Vice President for Learning, is a member of the Learning Leadership Team, and is responsible for leading and administering the affairs of the School to achieve the College mission.
Supervisory oversight of School academic and staff personnel in the various disciplines that currently exist (English, modern languages, reading, speech, history, anthropology, political science, human services, psychology, teacher education, early childhood education, arts, music, theater, photography and creative arts and technologies). In addition, the School is home to the Henderson Performing Arts Center, the College art gallery and the public radio station KSJE.
• Provide leadership and supervision for the School of Humanities by setting direction, developing programs, monitoring operations, and implementing changes to meet community needs in the disciplines offered with the School.
• Lead, coordinate and evaluate the work of Directors, faculty and other administrative personnel to ensure the effective delivery of community college services within specific areas of School responsibility.
• Encourage and support faculty in the development of innovative teaching and curriculum design to improve the School’s student success agenda.
• Manage the School budget by coordinating with administrative personnel, faculty and support personnel and the Vice President of Learning to ensure effective budgeting and fiscal management.
• Work with supervisory personnel and faculty within diverse departments to develop, implement and maintain high quality learning environments for students.
• Direct growth of new programs and courses that meet the emerging needs of community business and industry and their constantly developing technological requirements.
• Coordinate development of new labs and classrooms in facilities old and new to meet the needs of emerging, developing, on-going and converging curricula.
• Coordinate on-going functions with other divisions within the College including Student Services, Business Office, Foundation, Academic Support Services, East and West Campuses, Professional Development, Continuing Education and Workforce Development.
• Maintain and facilitate open communication with faculty and staff within the school regarding issues that affect them.
• Coordinate with other deans, directors, vice presidents and various departments to plan, change and implement inter-related College systems.
• Serve as a participating team member to ensure a supportive and creative staff for the College.
• Attend and participate in appropriate meetings and councils to represent the School of Humanities, Learning Leadership Team, School and College Curriculum Committees, College Council, etc. Utilize and report the advice of Advisory Committees and business/industry, government partners.
• Assist in the preparation of College and School documents such as catalogs, schedules, brochures, marketing pieces, School Web updates.
• Meet with faculty and staff personnel on a regular basis to ensure goal development and achievement, motivation, coordination, communication, and dissemination of information.
• Work with the Vice President, Associate Vice President and other Deans to implement new and interdisciplinary programs and to conduct reviews of existing programs.
• All other related duties, special projects, committee work, etc., as assigned by the Vice President of Learning.
Interested applicants are required to submit the following: Letter of intent discussing how the applicant meets the job qualifications; San Juan College application for employment, current resume, CV, copy of related certifications and transcripts of all academic work and three letters of recommendation. Top candidates will be contacted for an interview.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.