Detailed Job Description
As a member of the News & Communications team, coordinate projects and content that promote Bentley to internal and external audiences. Assist the team in all activities related to raising Bentley's visibility in earned and owned media (Bentley website and external print, broadcast, social and online media). Act as organizational center for the dept., contributing to workflow and process solutions. This position reports to the Director, News and Communication with direction provided by the senior associate directors on a daily basis.
Additional Description of Duties:
* Manage media monitoring activities and vendors
* Identify/pitch select stories and experts to local/ national media
* Assist with media inquiries including crisis communications; handle basic inquiries and escalate non-routine inquiries.
* Help identify key internal and external initiatives, content, and trends that support the Bentley strategic plan, the brand, and content framework
* Gather/write news-worthy content for media distribution, speaking opportunities, and website publishing
* Coordinate select content/multimedia projects projects such as stories/blogs for website and videos for social media distribution.
* Manage production/distribution of annual town-gown publication
* Coordinate select events and initiatives that help raise Bentley's visibility among target audiences, working in conjunction with the marketing team. Activities may include on-and off-campus events; working closely with Marketing and Communications team, faculty and staff on cross-divisional programs, and working with corporate partners when appropriate.
* Assist social media team with content creation and monitoring, when necessary
Bachelors' degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or a related field and one-two years related professional experience. Recent experience in media relations environment: writing and pitching print, broadcast and online/social media, and web content production. Higher education experience a plus.
The ability to manage multiple projects efficiently and on time is essential. Equally, this person must be willing and able to communicate clearly with colleagues; a real team player. The ideal candidate must have excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be proactive and detail-oriented; digital-savvy, a strong writer, editor and proofreader; and have a positive attitude. Experience in event coordination is a plus, as well as familiarity with web content and publishing.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/rf6zt78