Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 9/16/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Since 1891, the University of La Verne has been dedicated to the belief that a quality, values-based education enriches the human condition by engendering service, scholarly accomplishment, and professionalism. For the past 123 years, La Verne has retained its sense of purpose, seeking to provide students with individual attention to spark personal growth through intellectual challenge and development. La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of traditional-age, adult, and graduate learners preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to life-long learning across the liberal arts and professional programs, with a continual focus and emphasis on the University’s four core values of ethical reasoning, diversity and inclusivity, lifelong learning, and community and civic engagement.
The Administrative Assistant II position in the Office of the President is an essential position to ensure the efficient functioning of the University’s highest executive. This position directly supports the Executive Assistant & Communications Coordinator to the President, as well as helps support the President while providing secretarial, clerical and office reception services.
- Ensure confidentiality on all materials and matters
- Maintain the President’s highly complex calendar
- Organize travel arrangements and itineraries for the President and her spouse
- Provide office reception in person and via telephone
- Understand and articulate University rules, policies and practices to serve as liaison between students, parents, faculty, staff, and outside constituents
- Organize and execute logistics for events and meetings hosted by the President’s Office (e.g. space reservation, catering, attendance tracking)
- Complete regular paperwork for routine office function (check requests, purchase orders, credit card reconciliation, etc.)
- Manage office inventory of supplies
- Maintain filing system and systematic record keeping
- Assist with special projects in support of the President and Board of Trustees
- Other related duties as assigned
- At least three years of administrative assistant experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent with some college education
- Must be computer literate with proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel and general office equipment
- Must posses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be highly organized with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- A successful candidate will be able to prioritize, and anticipate, initiate and complete tasks
Executive-level office experience
The hiring range for this position is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children and a generous 10% contribution to the University’s 403B retirement plan.
We will begin interviews for this position during the third week in March 2014. It is expected that a candidate will be selected by the end of March 2014.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.