Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/20/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Vice President of Madera and Oakhurst Centers
State Center Community College District
Closing Date: 4/20/2014
Position Classification: Management
Campus Location: Madera Center
Start Date: 07/01/2014
Leadership, Coordination, and Integration
• Provides centers leadership in collaboration with the college president, faculty, administrators and staff.
• Collaborates with Instruction, Student Services and Administrative Services leading to the equitable integration of instruction and student services into a seamless coordinated effort to serve students with a focus on success, persistence, and completion.
• Guides the deployment and development of instructional programs, both credit and non-credit, in consultation with the Vice President of Instruction in response to student, community, and employer needs.
• Ensures the optimum and equitable accessibility of programs and services in all Reedley College locations within the resources available.
• In consultation with the other vice presidents, leads the college’s response to emerging opportunities relative to new programs, delivery methods, service strategies, professional development and the continuous improvement of existing programs and services.
• Develops, implements, and monitors articulation agreements with high schools, particularly those that are primary feeder schools for Madera and Oakhurst Centers, and colleges and universities.
• Actively participates in and promotes efforts regarding the college’s accreditation including any reports and districtwide efforts.
• Represents the college and provides leadership at meetings regarding instruction and curriculum including credit and non-credit programs and courses, particularly those in Madera and Oakhurst.
• Maintains professional visibility both on campus and in the communities served by Reedley College and the district, particularly Madera and Oakhurst.
• Works effectively with community groups, educational entities, business, industry, government and legislative bodies to develop partnerships which result in improved service to the community and students, particularly those in the Madera and Oakhurst Centers service areas.
• In consultation with the Vice President of Student Services, coordinates the recruitment program between high schools and the centers.
Program Planning and Evaluation
• In consultation with the Vice President of Instruction, leads and supports instruction in planning, development and evaluation of current and future curriculum, technological innovations, services and programs in order to meet student support and academic program needs at Madera and Oakhurst.
• Ensures the implementation and administration of college-wide academic and student success standards in collaboration with the college president, faculty, administrators, and student leaders.
• Provides leadership in consultation with the Vice President of Instruction and aligned with college efforts in developing and assessing general/institutional learning outcomes and student learning outcomes at the course, program, and institutional level.
• Influences and responds to state and federal legislation which impacts the district and the college, particularly regarding the Madera and Oakhurst Centers. Determines and/or facilitates appropriate approaches to meet new requirements. Develops, directs and supports performance-based initiatives in anticipation and in response to legislative mandates and student needs.
• Supports, participates, and provides leadership in the college’s focus on continuous quality improvement through the college’s institutional effectiveness and research efforts.
• Supports, participates, and provides leadership in implementing and maintaining a process for college-wide planning and resource allocation efforts for overall college operations, strategic priorities, and institutional improvement.
• Works with the other vice presidents, deans, department chairs, directors or appropriate college and district staff to develop grant applications.
• Plans and monitors expenses to ensure fiscal accountability and formulate budget recommendations for center operations including instruction, student services, and administration in alignment with district and college resource allocation parameters.
• Reviews and mediates the budget allocation process and sets productivity standards to assure equity and judicious use of resources needed to meet college objectives and targets.
• Encourages, coordinates, and initiates resource development for the centers in support of district and institutional goals, strategic priorities, and college-wide and district wide initiatives.
• Contributes to the overall planning and decision-making processes for the campuses with regard to administration.
• Is responsible for directing the college budget and accounting program to ensure accurate completion of receipt recording and expenditure of funds for college accounts.
• Acts as the college safety officer at the Madera and Oakhurst Centers; coordinating with District centralized services, police, parking services, college transportation activities, environmental health and safety, maintenance, grounds, and facilities to ensure campus priorities are met.
Human Resources Management
• Provides leadership and professional development for the administrators, faculty including adjunct faculty, and support staff assigned to the Madera and Oakhurst Centers.
• Supervises and evaluates personnel.
• In consultation with the other vice presidents, provides leadership relative to the recruitment and selection procedures and recommendations of new faculty and staff, and provides leadership and oversight of existing faculty & staff, faculty & staff development and evaluations.
Program Development and Innovation
• In consultation with the Vice President of Instruction where applicable, leads the identification and development of new courses and programs, both credit and non-credit, and provides leadership for efforts in innovative teaching strategies including new teaching methods, technology driven curriculum, and distance learning to increase student opportunities.
• Collaborates with higher educational institutions and employers in pursuit of economic and community development in Madera and Oakhurst and to foster student achievement and better prepare students for the work force and citizenship.
• Contributes to marketing and communications efforts to meet student needs, to support college programs, and to meet college enrollment goals.
• In consultation with the Vice President of Student Services, plans and coordinates operations, initiatives and efforts to ensure the student services programs at the Madera and Oakhurst Centers are meeting student needs.
• Confers with the other vice presidents, the Madera Dean of Instruction, and department chairs and/or division representatives as appropriate regarding academic staff needs, selection, assignments, teaching load, evaluation and retention, and makes recommendations to the college president.
• Responsible for preparation of examination, office, facility, and teaching schedules in consultation with the other vice presidents, the Madera Dean of Instruction and Oakhurst Center Coordinator, and department chairs and/or division representatives.
• Prepares and distributes the faculty handbook, schedule of classes and other related documents.
• Ensures appropriate supervision and operations of instructional and student support facilities at the Madera and Oakhurst Centers, including, but not limited to, the library, child development lab, computer labs, and tutorial center, and encourages use of these facilities by faculty, staff, and students.
• Provides leadership in the development of annual reports and updates, particularly those related to instruction, students and administration at the Madera and Oakhurst Centers.
• Facilitates and works collaboratively with the other vice presidents to ensure consistent, equitable and optimal oversight and operations for instruction in all Reedley College locations including Reedley, Madera, Oakhurst, or other locations where the college has a presence.
• Directs the planning and organization for commencement with the assistance of the Vice President of Student Services and district staff.
Performs other duties as required.
Include an earned master’s degree from an accredited college or university AND one year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment OR possession of a valid California Community College Supervisory Credential AND sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Conditions of Employment: 224 duty days and 22 vacation days for a total of 246 days.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary range is $118,340 – $149,063 based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $1,945 is available. In addition, the District offers an attractive fringe benefit package including health, dental, and vision coverage for the employee and dependents, and life insurance. Employees are also members of the California State Teachers’ Retirement System (CalSTRS).
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://apptrkr.com/445786
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.