Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 3/25/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
OFFICIAL TITLE: Staff Assistant, Lab & Administrative End User Support
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Day to day supervision from the Assistant Director/End User Services
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: Day to day supervision of temporary or student support personnel
1. Responsible for assisting in the daily operations of student, faculty, and staff laptop and desktop support.
2. Work with outside vendors in providing maintenance and additional computer hardware and software support as needed.
3. Assist in the documentation of best practices, policies and procedures for campus computing support, and software integration.
4. Responsible for new and transfer student event presentations. Including parent orientations..
5. Responsible for maintenance and operation of academic computing labs as well as classroom technology.
6. Assist in the planning and implementation of campus computing facility resources.
7. Assist in the adaptation and integration of new end user technologies and services.
8. Assist in the maintenance of SCCM server type applications including patching and disk image management.
9. Assist in the evaluation and implementation of software and network integrity resources, including security applications, user management applications, antivirus applications, and printing applications.
10. Certification with various key vendors/ Dell, Apple, etc.
11. Windows and Apple server maintenance.
12. Assist in the training of part-time and student workers/interns.
13. Assist in Helpdesk and other user-based services.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Two Year college degree or comparable experience.
2. Experience with a number of operating environments, including Windows, Mac OSX.
3. Experience with basic network technologies and protocols.
4. Must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
5. Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision.
Worcester State University is a public institution of higher learning set on 58 acres in the residential west side of Worcester, Massachusetts. We are dedicated to preparing students for personal success, rewarding careers, and effective citizenship in the 21st century. We offer undergraduate and graduate degree programs in the traditional liberal arts and sciences, teacher education, biomedical sciences, business, and the health professions.
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
If interested, apply via Institution Website button (to the right of the description) which will take you to the posting on Worcester State's website. Detailed instructions are listed there.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.