Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 8/26/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Teach a minimum of twelve hours per semester (or twenty-four annually) of day or evening classes.
• Maintain office hours and provide advisement for assigned students.
• Assist in curriculum development, review, and textbook selection.
• Conduct and publish research work in peer-reviewed journals.
• Maintain an active research program (in part by external funding)
• Participate in professional development activities.
• Participate in Department, College, and University committees
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to collaborate and work as a team
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent knowledge of a concentration in Mathematics
Ph. D. in Mathematics.
• Strong evidence of scholarship and research, particularly scholarly publications. Consideration will be given to such subsidiary evidence as direction of, or significant participation in research projects, participation in scholarly activities of learned societies, and professional consultative services.
• Ability to generate grant proposals for research, teaching, and services.
• The desirable candidate will demonstrate an interdisciplinary research orientation
• Dedication to ensuring excellence in curriculum delivery, development, and improvement.
• Experience and interest in teaching students from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds are essential.
• Ability to use technology in instruction and student advising.
• Demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the role of a comprehensive college in a multi-cultural setting.
• Evidence of the possession of those qualities of character, personality and competence expected in a teacher and director of students.
• Involvement with recognized professional associations or organizations.
• 3-5 years teaching experience at the university level (Candidates with a minimum of 2 years successful postdoctoral or industrial experience are invited to apply.)
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.