Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/11/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Manager of Faculty Development and Strategic Projects
University of San Francisco
Department: School of Management
Job Type: Full-Time
The Manager of Faculty Development and Strategic Projects will lead and coordinate activities to support faculty development, strategic planning, and external rankings. This position will report to the Associate Dean of Faculty and Research.
Research Resources Coordination:
• In conjunction with the Associate Dean of Faculty and Research, create and sustain a lively research seminar series with internal and external speakers.
• Identify and coordinate delivery of resources to enhance faculty research capabilities.
• Manage scheduling, delivery, and effectiveness of Writing Retreats.
• Assist in budgeting and provision of research funding.
• Supervise collection, archiving, and reporting of faculty scholarship.
• Benchmark research support and culture at other institutions.
• Provide support to activities of the Faculty Development Committee.
• Coordinate the research award process.
• Support visiting scholars and develop mechanisms to make the School attractive to visitors.
Enhance the visibility of scholarship to constituencies outside the School.
Adjunct Faculty Management and Support:
• Serve as primary point of contact for adjunct faculty after they are hired.
• Provide orientation, coordinate training, and support evaluation of adjunct faculty.
• Lead efforts to increase the teaching effectiveness of adjunct faculty.
Manage Teaching Development Fund process.
Full-Time Faculty Support:
• Support academic orientation of incoming full-time faculty to the School.
• Coordinate activities to integrate incoming full-time faculty into the life of the School.
Draft internal communications to full-time faculty.
Strategic Plan and Business Plan Management:
• Monitor Strategic Plan implementation.
• Track completion of Business Plan line items.
• Lead processes to report on execution of Strategic Plan and Business Plan to Strategic Plan Review Committee, accreditation bodies, and other constituencies.
Coordinate annual update to Business Plan.
External Rankings Coordination:
• Maintain familiarity with selected external rankings.
• Manage activities to obtain, sustain, and improve external rankings.
• Communicate to faculty, staff, students, and alumni what they need to do to enhance outcomes in external rankings.
Develop and document effective, efficient procedures to gather and report information for rankings.
• Manage internal awards documentation, procedures, and timelines.
Other duties as assigned by the Dean.
B.A. degree or equivalent required. Master’s preferred. Training and/or experience equivalent to a minimum of five to seven years of responsible professional work. Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel. Prior experience in an academic environment preferred but not essential. Ability to work collaboratively to build organizational capability and solve problems. Strong interpersonal skills and able to maintain relationships in a diverse community. Strong verbal and written communications skills. Ability to identify, plan, and manage projects to achieve objectives. Ability to gather information and data and effectively present findings. Ability to lead and manage change. Understanding of principles of quality management and documentation. Demonstrated commitment to excellence. Commitment to USF’s Mission, Vision and Values.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/216903
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.