Detailed Job Description
TITLE: Full– Time Faculty/ Clinical Coordinator Assistant
DEPARTMENT: AA Radiologic Technology Program
JOB OBJECTIVES: To provide a quality learning environment that will assist students in meeting their educational goals and career aspirations.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Radiologic Technology Program Director
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO WHOM: Students in assigned lectures and labs
- Minimum associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree preferred (preferably in radiologic sciences, education or a health related profession).
- Hold American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) current registration in radiology or equivalent, in good standing (i.e. unrestricted Texas state license).
- Experience in course /curriculum development, design, outcomes assessment and evaluation, and academic advisement highly preferred.
- Evidence of ability or promise as an effective teacher; and evidence of ability to do continuous scholarly or creative activity.
- Qualified to teach the subject and knowledgeable of course development, instruction, evaluation, and academic advising
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to conduct normal classroom courses.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/SKILLS/ETC: Have the ability to proofread and good knowledge of English; good language and grammatical skills; good organization skills; operational and interpretative skills of equipment used in the department; thorough knowledge of the rules and regulations as associated with courses taught in their respective discipline; professional dress and demeanor; professional attitude; positive attitude and willingness to work with other faculty and be supportive of the University.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares and maintains course outlines and objectives, instructs and evaluates students and reports progress.
- Participates in the assessment process, when appropriate.
- Cooperates with the program director in periodic review and revision of course materials, and development.
- Must have the basic knowledge of the specific course materials. Should have intellectual vision.
- Keep and maintain the confidentiality of course grades.
- Determine and arrange course needs (equipment, supplies, appropriate textbooks, etc.).
- Communicate on a frequent basis with the other members of the team responsible for course delivery.
- Keep respective course files current and complete.
- Attend all scheduled or called faculty meetings, committee meetings, graduations or other events as assigned and as appropriate for the University.
- Respond in a timely manner to requests for information or reports as may be required by the Program Director and/or the Vice President of Online Education.
- Follow the appropriate chain of command and communication.
- Submit final grades in a timely manner as instructed by the Program Director.
- Maintain interest, involvement with, and stay current with the scientific research in their respective instructional disciplines.
- Teach core factual information and differentiate opinion from fact so the student can make the appropriate distinction.
- Administer student/faculty evaluation forms to classes as directed by the Program Director
- Correlates clinical education with didactic education
- Acts as a liaison between the educational program in radiologic technology and all clinical affiliates.
- Assist in the implementation and evaluating of the clinical component regarding curriculum
- Initiates and maintains clinical affiliation contracts, students clinical affiliate visits and evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.