Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 7/10/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Posting Number: FY14131195
Division: AA - Academic Affairs
Position Department: Library
Position Classification: EF - Exempt/Full Time
Position Cost Center: 1801
Position Band: 28E-Exempt/Salaried
Title of Person to which Position Reports: Hope Houston
Description of Duties:
Provide assistance and instruction in the use and access of library information resources to all members of the academic community. Coordinate all aspects of the Bentley Library information literacy program, including implementation and assessment of curriculum-integrated projects and assignments.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Provide leadership through the coordination, planning, promotion, and assessment of the information literacy program.
* Collaborate with faculty to develop course-based assignments and meet departmental research needs.
* Conduct outreach with departmental and college level stakeholders in promoting the library's information literacy program and services.
* Align information literacy standards with the institution's goals and objectives, and accreditation standards.
* Stay current on trends in information literacy and library instruction; demonstrate eagerness to develop innovative models for information literacy.
* Contribute to the assurance of learning program to assess student outcomes and identify areas for improvement in the curriculum, and in particular the courses in the General Business Core.
Additional Description of Duties: Additional duties include:
* Provide in-person and remote-based research and reference services to library users.
* Teach information literacy classes, as well as provide one-on-one consultation to meet the research needs of faculty and students.
* Serve as library liaison to specific academic departments to ensure coordination of services and meet curricular needs.
* Create online tutorials and assessment tools for the General Business Core and other courses as needed.
* Develop and evaluate library resources for various areas of the collection.
* Attend professional conferences and workshops in order to keep current with the latest library and information literacy and teaching trends, developments, and resources.
* Contribute to the library's strategic goals.
* Master's degree in Library and Information Science, or equivalent from an ALA accredited institution
* Minimum of three years reference and instruction, preferably in an academic setting
* Demonstrated ability to use technology effectively to enhance information literacy instruction
* Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, including the ability to work independently, within a team environment and with diverse groups
* Fluency in course management systems, LibGuides and other standard library instruction productivity software
License(s) Required for the Position:
Required Applicant Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Optional Applicant Documents:
Please provide schedule hours:
Months Per Year:
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Position Type: Staff
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.bentley.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52365
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
Apply Here: https://jobs.bentley.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52365&jtsrc=http://www.peopleadmin.com/rss&jtrfr=http://www.peopleadmin.com&adorig=PA
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.