Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/2/2012.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Counsel with students and parents to develop an individualized strengths-based intake summary and education plan, and provide customized services based on that plan. Develop and implement activities and programs, based on the statewide GEAR UP grant, to assist students in successfully graduating high school, preparing for and attending college. Monitor academic progress, by tracking attendance and GPA, and provide feedback and assistance to students. Hire, train and supervise GEAR UP tutors.
Essential Functions, Major Duties, and/or Accountabilities:
1. Counsel with students and parents to develop an individualized strengths-based intake summary and education plan, and provide customized services based on that plan.
2. Meet with students, individually and in small groups, to provide academic counseling, financial-aid information, and college preparation training. Help students and parents understand the Common Core State Standards.
3. Increase the academic performance and preparation for postsecondary education for GEAR UP students. Increase the rate of high school graduation and enrollment in postsecondary education for GEAR UP students.
4. Monitor academic progress, provide feedback and assistance to students, track GPA and attendance.
5. Hire, train, and supervise tutors who work as a team to assist the students in meeting their needs based on their individual plans.
6. Regularly collect and submit student and cost-share data. Participate in program evaluation activities, including data gathering and administering surveys. 10%
7. Organize college visits, career exploration, and leadership development opportunities for students. Provide college preparation, financial aid, and other workshops for students and parents. 10%
8. Work to ensure that students are meeting performance indicators including GPA, attendance, math course completion, and FAFSA completion. 5%
9. Increase GEAR UP students' and their families' knowledge of postsecondary education options, preparation, and funding. Increase GEAR UP students' success in their first year of attendance at an institution of higher education.
10. Be very familiar with and meet the objectives of the statewide GEAR UP grant.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.