Detailed Job Description
UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY. The Woodbury School of Business (WSB) has a tenure-track opening for a faculty member in Strategic Management. The position begins August 2012. Requirements include: Ph.D. in Strategic Management from an AACSB accredited business school (ABD with defended proposals will be considered); substantial record or promise of excellence in teaching and scholarship (submitting evidence will be required for consideration); ability to teach a variety of courses at undergraduate and MBA levels.
WSB is AACSB accredited with over 4,000 business majors including its first two MBA cohorts with the second beginning fall 2011. UVU has a history of engaged teaching and learning with a formal classification by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching as "Community Engaged." It is one of the nation's fastest growing universities with some 33,000 students. The campus is located in Orem, Utah, 45 minutes south of Salt Lake City, with access to high-quality cultural events and outstanding outdoor activities.
Screening of applicants will continue until the position is filled. �
The position requires a Ph.D. or DBA from an AACSB accredited business school. (ABD with defended proposals will be considered.)
Ph.D. major or dual-major must be in Strategic Management.
Preference will be given to applicants with managerial experience.
Other Documentation Required:
Other (1): Example of peer-reviewed published research in field.
Other (2): Description of managerial experience not mentioned in CV.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
-Teaches undergraduate or graduate courses in strategic management.
-Plans, prepares, and follows an approved course of study that includes measurable objectives for each course taught.
-Prepares instructional materials (i.e., exams, visual aids, course outlines, syllabi, and instruction sheets) as necessary.
-Instructs, manages, and supervises individuals and groups in classrooms by the following methods: demonstration, discussion, visual aids, lectures, field trips, individualized instruction, on-line instruction, and other appropriate instructional methods.
-Evaluates instruction and learning by means of written, oral, practical, and performance tests.
-Maintains a student-oriented approach to education.
-Recommends students for advancement and graduation.
-Maintains and submits accurate and current reports and records involving student accountability and performance.
-Supervises extracurricular activities as assigned.
-Establishes and maintains office hours.
-Assists department chair, faculty, department staff, and advisers in maintaining an effective program.
-Serves on committees and attends faculty and other meetings as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or MS Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a credentials check, an employment check, and criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.