Detailed Job Description
The undergraduate tenure track faculty member will teach in the BSW program, with special emphasis in HBSE. The faculty member is expected to teach twelve credits per semester. Other faculty responsibilities include student advising, committee assignments, professional activities of research, presentation and publication, and program, school, university and community service.
Qualification for Tenure Track Faculty at Utah Valley University: Minimum of two years social work practice experience post MSW required, Ph.D. preferred, ABD or doctoral candidate considered. Professional license preferred. Required strengths needed in generalist social work practice and human behavior. Ability to articulate a diverse/multicultural perspective required. Experience in the CSWE accreditation process preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellence in teaching as demonstrated through effective instructional strategies and techniques.
- Effective interpersonal, problem-solving and decision-making skills, with a willingness to serve on committees.
- Scholastic currency, preferably evidenced by publications.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To receive full consideration for post-secondary education, please submit copies of transcripts or diploma of highest degree earned. Transcripts do not have to be official copies.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.