Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Responsibilities The Director of Recreation Programs is responsible for leading, implementing, adminstering and evaluating a comprehensive Recreational Sports program for the College which includes Intramural Sports, Club Sports Summer Camps and Special Events. The director of Recreation Programs oversees the operations related to the devlopment of recreational sports and activities including student leadership, event management, risk management and department collaborations. This position requires the use of independent judgment and discretion when carrying out job responsibilities and functions. Additional responsibilities to this position will be included upon completion of the Joseph Alioto Recreation Center.
1. Student Leadership Development: Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate intramural, club sport and camp staff. Keep acturate records of timesheets and scheduling. Keep in constant communction with staff about program needs and support. Night and weekend supervision required. Provide leadership and training for intramural officials and supervisors and camp staff.
2. Program Operations: Develop, implement and improve on Intramural Sports, Club Sport and Summer Camp programming including scheduling and risk management. Collect and maintain accurate records of participation and other pertinent data.
3. External Relations: Develop, implement and execute a plan for all external communications, publicizing, and promoting for Intramural Sports, Club Sports and Summer Camps. This includes traditional and non-traditional media outlets, website design and social media.
4. Compliance: Responsible for management of Intramural Sports, Club Sports and Summer Camp participants. Assist with the overall management of practice space,game space reservation and special events. Train student leaders in program compliance, operations and risk management.
5. Campus Collaboration: Assist in operations related to campus activities and development including Admission Events, Mission & Ministry Events, Athletic Camps, the Associated Students, and others as assigned.
6. Know, recognize, and comply with the laws, policies, rules, and regulations governing the College and its employees, and the rules of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (including, but not limited to, NCAA Bylaw, Article 11 and its requirement to report all athletically-related income and benefits from sources outside of the College to the President) and of the West Coast Conference as now constituted or as may be amended in the future. Supervise and ensure that any assistants and any other employees and/or volunteers for whom you are administratively responsible comply with the aforesaid policies, rules and regulations. Immediately advise the Director of Athletics and Recreational Sports if you have reasonable cause to believe violations, whether by employees or students, have occurred or will occur.
Other Duties As Assigned: Additional responsibilities to this position will be included upon completion of the Joseph Alioto Recreation Center.
Experience and Qualifications:Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Master's Degree
Experience: Proficiency with word processing and database management software, i.e. Microsoft Office.
Other Requirements: Travel, weekend /evening work.
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. 1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.