Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Responsibilities This position will oversee equipment operations including ordering, delivery, inventory, distribution, laundering, collection and storing of all equipment and uniforms for 17 intercollegiate athletic teams and more than 320 participants annually. The incumbent provides support for the recreational sports program, including all club sports, and the Department in the areas of equipment and apparel. Responsible for setting up equipment and preparing competition venues and returning equipment used to storage. This position will also assist the Associate Director of Athletics for Business Operations/SWA with the everyday business operations of the Department of Athletics and Recreational Sports. The incumbent reports to and is evaluated by the Associate Director of Athletics for Business Operations/SWA.
1. Coordinate the preparation and purchase of athletic equipment, supplies, and uniform s. Initiate all purchase orders/check requests for each transaction.
2. Direct the inventory, storage, distribution, collection, and maintainence records of all equipment, practice apparel, and game uniforms issued.
3. Direct the equipment software program and produce regular reports for financial and NCAA compliance audits.
4. Develop working relationships with athletic equipment manufacturers and vendors to ensure quality product, customer service and pricing. Coordinate vendor bid process for departmental athletic equipment needs.
5. Direct locker room and equipment room operations as assigned. Maintain professional, clean, safe and organized equipment rooms, laundry facility and locker rooms.
6 Assist the Associate Director of Athletics for Business Operations/SWA with all areas business operations, including but not limited to, travel budgeting and administration for 17 sports programs, financial audits for NCAA and US Department of Education, Gender Equity, Awards, Insurance, and professional development budgeting for departmental staff.
7. Other duties include assisting the Assistant Athletic Director for Compliance and College Counsel with investigating and reporting violations to the NCAA.
Experience and Qualifications:REQUIRED: Bachelors Degree PREFERRED: Masters Degree
Experience: 2 years experience at a collegiate institution in a related field.
Skills/ Abilities: Strong written, verbal and computer skills required; thorough knowledge of the NCAA rules and regulations; knowledge of equipment management software programs; ability to produce finacial forcasts; ability to compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
Other Requirements: Occasional evening and weekend work will be required
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu. 1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.