Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 2/22/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
1. Manage Graduate Counseling Program (GCP) admissions in collaboration with the GCP program assistant and program manager: conduct Information Sessions for potential applicants; attend recruitment fairs; contact/respond to and meet with prospective students to discuss the program and answer their questions; organize the selection and interview process for applicants; conduct admissions interviews as needed in Jan and Summer terms; coordinate with GCP program assistant about applicants' files and materials.
2. For admissions and reporting purposes, maintain a current applicant and student database to track potential applicants & discover ways of reaching new potential applicants in collaboration with the program manager.
3. For Admissions, collaborate with the other KSOE admissions coordinators and with other SMC graduate and professional student programs staff regarding recruitment and admissions; attend, with the GCP program manager, the Graduate and Professional Students Special Interest Group Meetings as well as all monthly Staff and GCP faculty meetings
4. Field Placement Coordinator: Develop and maintain relationships with counseling sites and field placement supervisors for students in the following specializations: Marriage and Family Therapy/Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor and all Dual-Track Students. Collaborate with other placement coordinators and assist with placements for CSS, CC, and General MA students. Maintain a database of all contacts and field placements. Research ways for students to challenge themselves in ethnically and socio-economically diverse communities/placements and add sites to existing list.
5. Meet and work with most MFT/LPCC, Dual-Track, CSS, CC, and General students to assist them in researching prospective field sites and making placement decisions as well as meet with students in placement and discuss any hours or site issues; answer student questions via phone and email; maintain and update a database of all students in placement in order to monitor each student's progress toward securing a placement as well as keep track of the Board of Behavioral Sciences' (BBS) paperwork requirements; conduct site visits; serve as contact person for any site or student issues while in placement in collaboration with the program manager, and elevate to the advisor and specialization coordinator when necessary
6. Organize the mandatory field placement Information Sessions each year for the MFT/LPCC, Dual-Track, CSS, CC, and General specializations; confer and collaborate with all GCP placement coordinators; update and revise Resource Book as well as many other documents pertaining to field placement for all MFT/LPCC and Dual-Track Students.
Other Duties As Assigned; Oversee hiring, supervision, and coordination of the COUN 530/540 GCP supervisors in consutations with the program manager and with COUN 530/540 seminar instructors and other placement coordinators; handle all scheduling/assigning of supervisors to students; oversee the GCP Supervisor and field placement site and supervisor evaluations. This position must remain current in all BBS Statutes and Regulations pertaining to MFT and PCC educational, field palcement, and licensure requirements
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.