Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 3,500 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
- Saint Mary’s College invites applications for a full-time event coordinator, responsible for coordinating and supporting alumni and development related events.
- Leads in the development of and planning of all local regional alumni chapter events and athletic pre-game parties.
- Leads in the planning of alumni and development related events for current students including the Zero Year reunion and the senior class gift campaign.
- Assist Directors in planning larger alumni, fundraising and stewardship events with a special emphasis on support for fundraising events.
- Handle all aspects of event planning and implementation such as working with vendors, function set up, intake of RSVPs, signage, registration materials, coordination of rooming assignments, staffing the registration table, guest list management, database and report generation and reconciliation, and coding.
- Manage and support regional chapter volunteers.
- Manage student staff related to event planning as needed per event.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Work in a highly collaborative and culturally diverse campus environment.
- The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required. 2 years event planning experience.
- The successful candidate possesses excellent relationship management and interpersonal skills; and the ability to work effectively with donors, alumni volunteers, and staff; displays mature judgment, superior diplomatic skills; highly developed listening, as well as, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Other skills include: strong analytical skills; and demonstrated business planning and project management skills and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, especially Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- An extremely high degree of professionalism and integrity, as well, as the ability to pay attention to detail and quality standards are required.
- The coordinator will be expected to work evenings and weekends when necessary for committee meetings and events.
- Must be highly organized and have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
Depends on Qualifications
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu.1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.