Detailed Job Description
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque MoragaValley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,500 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
- Saint Mary’s College invites applications for a full-time non-exempt position in the Admissions Office to work in a collaborative, culturally diverse campus environment. Effective communication within a diverse community of faculty, staff, students, alumni and donors is an essential skill. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions.
- Reporting specifically to the Sr. Associate Director of Admissions the Administrative Assistant III maintains the high standards of customer support expected of the Office of Admissions through his or her collaboration and assistance with members of the Admissions Office and other College departments, prospective students and their parents, high school and independent college counselors, and outside vendors with which the Admissions Office contracts. The successful candidate will need to be able to be productive while juggling multiple tasks and competing priorities. Effective customer service skills, an ability to remain calm under pressure, and an ability to adapt to shifting priorities and tasks as assigned are also essential, including responding to incoming phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Data entry: the ability to both quickly and accurately input confidential applicant information into the Hobson’s EMT and Datatel systems. Ability to troubleshoot application issues, find errors, and improve process is necessary.
- Customer Service: Serve as first point of contact to all potential applicants, answer inquiries via telephone and email while providing the highest standard of customer service.
- Assisting the Dean of Admissions: Provide administrative support for the Dean of Admissions. Assist with schedule, reports and monitoring the admissions office budget.
- Miscellaneous: Input inquiry cards from potential applicants, preparing mass recruitment mailings, supervising student workers, retreiving, sorting and appropriatly distributing mail, managing inventory of recruitment materials
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum two years of college education or equivalent experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish desirable.
- Minimum three years of increasingly responsible administrative support experience, preferably in an academic environment or similar setting.
- Experience in using Student Information Systems preferrece (EMT Hobson's , ImageNow, and or Datatel’s Colleague a plus). Proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Explorer, Excel and Access.
- Occasional weekend work assisting with preparation and execution of events for prospective student and families on weekends. Overtime/evening work as needed during peek periods of application volume.
- Interest in active participation as a member of a team of professionals; exercise active initiative in a fast paced office.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in order to meet key tasks as scheduled and willingness to contribute to the total recruitment effort. Detail oriented and organized.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Other skills: Problem solving, resourcefulness, initiative. Ability to work independently.
Depends on Qualifications
Please apply on-line at http://jobs.stmarys-ca.edu.1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College2) A resume 3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references. Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.