Detailed Job Description
Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Academic Programs this position is responsible for the overall administration and coordination of the following: diploma, certificate, AAS, AA/AS degree programs, Career and Technical Education, Extended Studies, and Concurrent Enrollment. This position responsible for special programs and projects as assigned by the Associate Vice President for Academic Programs.
Graduation from an accredited university or college with an appropriate terminal degree (masters level minimum) plus a minimum of three years of relevant professional or administrative experience at the director or executive level, preferably at a medium-to-large public college or university, with a demonstrated pattern of success.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Ability to exercise effective strategic planning, interpersonal, problem-solving, and decision making skills;
Successfully apply strong leadership, management, communication, and organizational skills;
Effectively represent a complex institution in a variety of public settings with confidence and integrity;
Work effectively and efficiently within a shared governance environment;
Comprehensive knowledge of specific duties and responsibilities of units and functions within Extended Studies, Concurrent Enrollment, Summer Semester, and Career and Technical Education;
Comprehensive knowledge of community college functions and programs;
Comprehensive knowledge of working within a state and local government context;
Understanding of budget development and budget oversight and control;
Ability to work independently and interdependently in a collegial manner with individuals and organizations (team oriented philosophy);
Special Instructions to Applicants
- To be considered an applicant for employment you must apply online through the UVU.Jobs website.
- To be considered in the first screening, the online application and required application documents (see below) must be submitted by the screening or closing date.
- Our system can only accept supplemental documents (such as cover letters or transcripts) in PDF or Word format. The file size of documents must be less than 2MB. It is strongly recommended that you take documents that are not in an electronic form and scan them into a separate black and white PDF file so you can attach them electronically to the online application. You can get help with this at a local copy center if needed.
- Any offer of employment will be contingent upon the results of a background check, which includes a credentials check, an employment check, and criminal records check. A criminal conviction is not necessarily a bar to employment.
- Application materials become the property of UVU.
- For questions contact Human Resources at HREmployment@uvu.edu.