Detailed Job Description
Director of Alumni Relations
Department: Alumni Employment Type: Full-time Reports To: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
- BA/BS required;
- 5-7 years of experience in alumni relations, volunteer management, membership services, event management and/or project management.
- 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency with PC computers and standard applications (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) essential.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; able to effectively prioritize projects and work well under time constraints.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Commitment to a team-oriented work environment.
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous projects.
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative as a self-starter.
- Proactive in problem-solving.
- Proven ability to adapt and learn new procedures and/or programs.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work with a diverse clientele.
- Must be able to think strategically and creatively about how to engage alumni and volunteers in the strategic plan of the University.
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with alumni and donors.
- Some nights, weekends and travel will be required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (other duties may be assigned): Alumni Engagement and Fundraising– 40%
- Solicit assigned alumni for the Alumni Association Endowed Scholarship.
- Utilize moves management strategies to actively engage and solicit alumni for fundraising
Event and Communication Strategy – 25%
- Develop and implement an events and communication strategy that supports the mission to cultivate, maintain and deepen relationships among Parker University alumni, current and prospective students, faculty, staff and friends.
- Correspond regularly via email, letter, and phone with alumni, students, faculty, staff and administration of the University in the planning and execution of various programs. Responds in a timely manner to all inquiries about alumni activities and opportunities.
- Develop the Parker Alumni Association Awards to be a premier program for the University community and within the profession.
Volunteer Management – 25%
- Work collaboratively with the Alumni Association to achieve mutual benefit for the University and our alumni.
- Identify, recruit, cultivate and provide formal recognition for alumni volunteers and volunteer leaders, including but not limited to Alumni Association Board of Director, Alumni Association committee members, and reunion leaders.
- Collaborate with Admissions in the management of the Ambassadors program to support the recruitment and retention of students.
Department Management – 10%
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Advancement to establish long and short term goals and objectives of the department.
- Develop and manage budgets that match the goals and objectives of the department.
- Collaborate with Development in the identification and qualification of prospects.
- Provide supervision and leadership.
- Achieve and track assigned moves management goals.
- Track and report regularly on progress toward goals.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter with your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Parker University is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.