Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/21/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
MSU Denver Information Technology Services (ITS) is seeking a Director to lead the newly created ITS Office of Business Services. This position will provide budget, financial, personnel, facilities, inventory, and general administrative support for MSU Denver ITS. Serving as a member of the ITS Leadership Team and reporting to the Chief Information Officer, this individual provides regular communication and coordination regarding the financial and budget status of the various ITS departments, and serves as the primary liaison to the University, Division, School, and Departmental offices with regard to budget, financial, personnel, facility, and inventory.
- Prepare financial reports, statements, spreadsheets, and consolidated financials for use by ITS personnel
- Perform analysis of financial statements, including review of budget to actuals, variance analysis, and encumbrance balances
- Assist in preparation of annual operating budgets, budget forecasts, and funding commitments
- Compile data of annual operating budgets, trends of actual expenditures, and other relevant data for analysis
- Work proactively with University purchasing office to assist in developing strategic sourcing strategies
- Analyze current spending and purchasing trends, evaluate current suppliers, and work with ITS and University personnel to consistently improve related support and services
- Work with ITS personnel to develop RFPs and track inventory
- Direct the purchasing function for ITS, including all enterprise hardware, software, and support services
- Process purchase requisitions and invoices for payment, and serve as the primary liaison with University purchasing office
- Ensure adherence to University guidelines and procedures for purchasing and use of funds
- Analyze internal processes and recommend procedural improvements in compliance with MSU Denver policies and procedures
- Serve as liaison between ITS, the University Contracts Office, and outside vendors to ensure ongoing management and renewal of hardware, software, and service contracts
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration or a closely related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five (5) years experience developing, coordinating, and reporting budgets with at least three (3) years in a supervisory capacity.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration or closely related field.
- Experience in higher education
- Experience with information technology related services and concepts
IMPORTANT: In order to be considered as an applicant you must apply via the online application system, www.msudenverjobs.com.
Official Transcripts, if applicable, will be required of the candidate selected for hire.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.