Detailed Job Description
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Under the general direction of the Dean of Business, Information Technology, Health Occupations, and Professional Studies, provides academic and administrative leadership of the Associate Degree Nursing, Practical Nursing education, and credit-bearing CNA programs. Responsible for managing the overall operation of the ADN, LPN, and credit CNA programs and supervising the activities of the faculty and staff including, but not limited to, recruiting, orienting, training, directing, and evaluating department members; contributing to curriculum development initiative, program accreditation, and performing other duties as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversees program planning, implementation, and evaluation of all aspects of nursing and assigned educational programs,
- Provides leadership and direction to faculty in the development of initiatives and activities that promote student success and help to meet expected program outcomes
- Facilitates curriculum development and the delivery of engaging instruction that effectively prepares qualified students to be safe, thoughtful, and collaborative nurses
- Facilitates the hiring, orientation, mutual support, assignment, and evaluation of full and part-time program and clinical faculty.
- Ensures compliance with all required state nursing and nursing education regulations
- Facilitates the completion of all activities required to maintain positive program accreditation including participating in related professional development activities, timely submission of required materials, and needed correspondence with accrediting bodies.
- Facilitates implementation of the GCC program review process and use of results
- Collaborates with faculty to determine priorities for budgetary expenditures based on departmental and program delivery needs; monitors budget, and provides initial approval of program expenditures; provides suggestions for the use of donor funds to advance student access to quality nursing education and educational advancement
- Collaborates with personnel of other college departments to ensure effective program recruiting and project implementation with particular attention to work with admissions, advising, marketing, the GCC Foundation, and program assessment partners.
- Provides input to the unit Dean regarding program development, budget, hiring, and also promotion of full-time faculty.
- Provides support and collaboration with faculty on the inclusion of service learning and other experiential learning activities that enrich student learning
- Contributes to development and updates to course and clinical delivery schedules
- Ensures that students receive mid-semester progress reports regarding clinical and course strengths and needed improvements
- Regularly updates clinical partnership contracts with health care facilities and maintains positive working relationships with representatives of these agencies and hospitals
- Oversees clinical rotation schedules, staffing, and assessment activities
- Fully implements ADA regulations and other laws and policies in support of students and their academic work
- Participates in on-campus and off-campus meetings associated with advancing career pathways for nurses and the design/implementation of other activities associated with maintaining strong GCC nursing programs
- Maintains positive working relationships with BSN completion program faculty and staff who provide BSN-completion education through agreements with GCC
- Identifies new health care program development options and contributes to approved new program development initiatives
- Facilitates updating of the Health Occupations and nursing websites
- Assists the unit Dean in implementing activities and initiatives that are consistent with the goals of the nursing programs, unit needs, and mission of the College; serves in the Dean’s place as requested
- Provides leadership for faculty in designing and implementing yearly student learning outcomes assessment activities and the use of enrollment and other data for program improvement
- Manages grants related to nursing program delivery, new program development, and program delivery innovations
- Participates in department chair/Program coordinator meetings, college committees ,and shared governance opportunities
- Supports nursing faculty in meeting professional development and nursing-educator professional development expectations
- Remains knowledgeable of Bargaining Agreement changes and administers specific components of those agreements
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes an inclusive learning and work environment built on mutual respect, collaboration, and productive communications
- Maintains positive communications and working relationships with members of health care agencies in the region and those engaged in nursing-education initiatives at the state-wide level
- Maintains currency regarding nursing trends, practices, technologies, career pathways
- Participates in nursing program student activities and engages in the life of the college beyond program delivery
- Performs other related duties as assigned
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The Assistant Dean will be charged with increasing collaboration between the Associate Degree Nursing Program and the Practical Nursing Certificate Program and working toward the goal of bringing all unit programs into a single collaborative and effective unit.
Greenfield Community College requires that all cover letters, resumes and contact information for 5 professional references be submitted online at http://web.gcc.mass.edu/hr/careers/apply. Official copies of all academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
Applications must be submitted via our online application system by March 1, 2014.
Additional applications WILL be considered until the position is filled.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, unrestricted Massachusetts nursing license or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of hire as demonstrated by current credentials and standing with other state licensing agency;
- Minimum five years of full-time clinical experience or its equivalent within the last ten years;
- At least three years’ experience in credit-bearing nursing education;
- Experience in working with nursing accreditation and/or state nursing regulatory agencies;
- Strong interpersonal skills including strong individual and group communication skills;
- Experience working with other healthcare professionals in a variety of health care settings or functions;
- Demonstrated strong writing and report preparation skills;
- Experience with course and curriculum development;
- Successful supervisory experience;
- Budget management experience;
- Program planning and assessment experience;
- Computer literacy;
- Knowledge and use of program outcome assessment processes and results;
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body.
- Doctorate in nursing or Masters in Nursing with a doctorate in a related field including higher education;
- Experience as a nursing program coordinator or manager;
- Demonstrated successful community college teaching or administrative experience;
- Experience with interactive student learning experiences such as service-learning, online learning, and simulation;
- Experience in supervising unionized faculty in an academic or clinical setting;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing cultural competence standards in curriculum of nursing education programs;
- Experience in evaluating nursing programs and recommending changes where needed;
- Experience in securing and administering grants;
- Experience facilitating or contributing to the development of web or other program marketing materials.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Normal office environment usually for more than half of work time;
- Travel to clinics, hospitals, and off-campus program-related meetings;
- May include meetings in hospital settings requiring specialized orientations and training for hospital-based computer access;
- Must have valid driver’s license;
- May include professional development and other program activities that require overnight stays or weekend travel;
- May include evening meetings.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/jbptvsf