Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/11/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Quinnipiac University invites applications for the Vice President and Dean of Students position.
The Vice President/Dean of Students, a senior leadership position, is responsible for building a distinctive Student Affairs Division consistent with the university’s mission and strategic plan. The Vice President provides vision and leadership in administering a comprehensive range of programs and services related to campus programming and planning for undergraduate and graduate students on three campuses. The Division of Student Affairs consists of the following areas: community service, counseling, graduate student affairs, fraternity and sorority life, orientation, residential life, student activities and organizations, student conduct, and student health. The position reports to the Executive Vice President and Provost.
Quinnipiac University is a thriving private university with 6,500 undergraduate and 2,300 graduate students, located in Hamden, CT, approximately 90 minutes from New York City and two hours from Boston. Consistently ranked among the best universities by U.S. News & World Report and recently named one of the 2013 Great Colleges to Work For by The Chronicle of Higher Education, Quinnipiac offers 58 undergraduate majors and 20 graduate and professional programs, including those leading to degrees in both law and medicine. At the core of Quinnipiac is its commitment to teaching and collaboration. Quinnipiac fosters partnerships among students and with faculty; it is a spirited, welcoming campus.
The Vice President and Dean of Students will:
- provide transformative leadership in the development of a Student Affairs Division that is cohesive and collaborative across the university
- serve as the expert resource and chief advocate to the Executive Vice President/Provost on all matters pertaining to Student Affairs
- support students’ academic success and personal growth while working with the Quinnipiac University community to further the integration of academic and co-curricular life
- create actionable strategies and accountabilities for the Division of Student Affairs that support Quinnipiac’s commitment to inclusion, multiculturalism, and globalism
- anticipate divisional needs in the growth of three campuses and implement processes and policies that support student needs
- stay current with emerging issues and promote professional development and best practices in the field
- maintain a visible profile on campus and with external constituencies; engages with the faculty, student, alumni, and staff communities
- establish and implement short and long range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, in support of operational excellence
- oversee divisional response during campus-wide crises/emergencies and provide support to students, families and staff
- manage resource allocation for the Division of Student Affairs
- ensure compliance with federal/state regulations and university policies as they relate to student life
- direct supervision of two Associate Vice Presidents, Dean for Graduate Student Affairs, and a total staff of 57.
Successful candidates will have:
The position is available July 1, 2014. Review of applications will begin January 27, 2014 and continue until the position is filled.
Applications may be submitted in confidence to the search committee through our online application system. Application materials should include a C.V. or resume and a thoughtful cover letter describing your interest in, and qualifications for, the position.
Contact information for at least three references must be included on the application form. References will not be contacted without candidate permission.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity throughout the University community. We welcome candidates who would enhance that diversity. Quinnipiac offers a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefit program.
Job Code: 2013-1450
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.