Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 4/1/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Posting Number: FY14131478
Division: PR - President's Office
Position Department: Human Resources
Position Classification: EF - Exempt/Full Time
Position Band: 30E-Exempt/Salaried
Contact Person: Angela Middleton, Senior Recruiter
Description of Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Benefits, Bentley University is in search of a hands on and strategic Compensation and Benefits Analyst to join our growing team.
The successful candidate will partner with HR staff and department/divisional leadership to provide research, analysis, consultation and guidance on compensation policy and practices in the areas of position evaluation, market analysis, internal equity, reorganizations and compliance issues to ensure equitable and competitive pay practices. Also implements annual merit increase and bonus programs.
In addition, this position provides research, analysis, reporting and support for benefit programs and any related administration and compliance requirements.
Dual reporting to Executive Director of HR on compensation matters and Director of Benefits on benefits matters. Compensation responsibilities two thirds of workload.
Additional Description of Duties:
* Advise and consult with HR Business Partners and managers on requested and proposed classification actions. Review proposals for new and revised positions to determine appropriate classification and salary grade assignment. Assist with job description updates. Maintain accurate, level-specific job descriptions in PeopleAdmin.
* Based on knowledge of classification methodology and legal requirements such as FLSA, assist HR in advising managers on department or division re-organizations and restructurings. Perform analyses and provide reports/data as needed.
* Assist in the development of classification and compensation policies, procedures, training and informational materials. Assist with in-person training to educate constituents regarding compensation-related concepts, procedures, policies and regulations.
* Assist in the analysis of benefit plans related to classifications, eligibility and participation.
* Design and implement reports to support ongoing benefits analytics, administration and compliance requirements. Submit data input to fulfill compliance reporting.
* Serve as back-up to Benefits Specialist for employee orientations and questions regarding eligibility, plan provisions and other matters related to benefits.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of training and experience plus 3-5 years of related experience. Strong analytical, quantitative, and creative problem solving skills. Effective communication skills. Highly detailed-oriented with the ability to think critically about data to help formulate appropriate and unique solutions. Knowledge of HR information systems. Must be able to prioritize, manage multiple priorities and be adaptable to change.
Software Knowledge: Advanced Excel skills.
Required Applicant Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Please provide schedule hours: Monday - Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM (summer hours Monday - Thursday 8:00AM - 5:30PM)
Months Per Year: 12
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants: Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Position Type: Staff
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.bentley.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=52263
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5tnjg55
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.