Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 1/1/2014.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Temporary - Nurse Practitioner
Saint Mary's College of California
Closing Date/Time:Wed. 12/25/13 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary:Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Main Campus, 1928 Saint Mary's Road, Moraga, CA 94556, California
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Provide quality medical care to patients at the Health and Wellness Center, in collaboration with the supervising physician. Assist and augment the services provided by the HWC clinicians. Support the vision of the College to make health education a central role of care rendered.
• Obtain accurate medical records and complete various medical forms requested by the patient of HWC.
• Obtain problem oriented history, perform appropriate physical examinations, formulate a diagnosis and execute an appropriate treatment plan
• Order, perform, and interpret diagnostic student with appropriate use of physician consultation.
• Prescribe medications and other treatments
• Recognize the need for physician consultation when appropriate including need for referral to specialist care.
• Maintain effective and professional communication with physicians, consultants, and other HWC staff as it pertains to patient care.
• Provide health education to promote positive health behaviors and self care skills
• Maintain detailed, legible and confidential medical records in accordance with established protocols and participate in the review of such records with the supervising physician.
2. Involvement in committees, campus outreach and other health related programs at the request and under the supervision of the Director or Associate Director
3. Maintain continued medical education required to uphold a valid California license to practice in the area of expertise.
Experience and Qualifications:
Experience: 3 Years in clinical practice.
Licenses and Certifications: Required - NP or PA license, Furnishing license, CPR
Preferred: DEA license.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://apptrkr.com/414053.
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act
Notification with regard to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act.
As provided by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, Saint Mary’s College of California through its Department of Public Safety, annually provides notice and makes available copies of the Annual Security Report, to the campus community, prospective students, employees and the public. Each Security Report includes statistics for the past three years concerning crimes and incidents (whether they occurred on campus, in off-campus building and property owned or controlled by the College, or on public property adjacent to campus) reported to campus security authorities. Each Security Report also provides campus policies and practices concerning security – how to report sexual assaults and other crimes, crime prevention efforts, policies/laws governing alcohol and drugs, victims’ assistance programs, student discipline, college resources, and other matters. The Security Report is publicly available electronically or hard copy in the following ways: electronically: http://www.stmarysca.edu/about/safety/02report.pdf; in person: Department of Public Safety, Administrative Office, Assumption Hall: or by or by Mail or Telephone Request: Department of Public Safety, P.O. Box 3111, Moraga, CA 94575-3111 (925) 631-4052.
In addition, as provided by the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act, the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office maintains a Megan’s Law database of sex crime offenders, which information may be obtained from the Sheriff’s office located at 500 Court Street, Martinez, Monday-Friday, 9 am to 4 pm.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.