Unfortunately, this job is expired as of 12/18/2013.
To continue in your search through the appropriate job categories, click either Administrative Staff, Higher Education Executives, Faculty, Post-Doc and Graduate Assistants, . You can also utilize "guess-free" keyword search tools with up to eight pre-defined criteria. Search for and Apply to academic postings directly from the site. Post your background either confidentially or overtly. Stand out and be discovered!
Saint Mary's College of California
Designer -- Print and Digital (Temporary position)
Closing Date/Time: Wed. 12/18/13 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Temporary
Location: Main Campus, 1928 Saint Mary's Road, Moraga, CA 94556, California
Founded in 1863, Saint Mary's is a residential campus nestled 20 miles east of San Francisco in the picturesque Moraga Valley. Based in the Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions, Saint Mary's currently enrolls more than 4,000 students from diverse backgrounds in undergraduate and graduate programs. The De La Salle Christian Brothers, the largest teaching order of the Roman Catholic Church, guide the spiritual and academic character of the College.
As a comprehensive and independent institution, Saint Mary’s offers undergraduate and graduate programs integrating liberal and professional education. Saint Mary’s reputation for excellence, innovation and responsiveness in education stems from its vibrant heritage as a Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts institution. An outstanding, committed faculty and staff that value shared inquiry, integrative learning and student interaction bring these traditions to life in the 21st century. The College is committed to the educational benefits of diversity.
Works for the Colleges marketing and communications department and campus clients on high impact projects both internally- and externally-facing to design and produce printed and electronic pieces that communicate effectively, integrate and consistently express the SMC brand, and celebrate the unique qualities of a Saint Mary’s education and its community. Works as a project coordinator (20%), collaborating with creative director, web director, writers and designer to maintain an oversight of all projects as well as volume-control (workload assessment).
• Reporting to and working in collaboration with the Creative Director, the designer will provide expertise in the conceptualization and design of a wide variety of projects, both digital and print. Projects include but are not limited to: catalogs, brochures, posters, invitations, direct mail pieces, banner ads, web graphics, websites, image galleries, email layouts and comfortable integrating our brand within third-party web applications.
• Responsible for the design and production of a variety of projects in a fast-paced environment, juggling priorities to meet deadlines. Able to work both independently and collaboratively with clients and colleagues, and provide and receive constructive feedback.
• Advanced understanding of type, color, printing process, hierarchical display of information. Expertise with the InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office suite in a Mac environment. Comfortable working with project tracking software.
The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the mission of the College, which is informed, animated and expressed through its Catholic, Lasallian and Liberal Arts traditions.
Experience and Qualifications:
A solid expertise in print, web, email and interactive design and the production process for each.
• Bachelor’s degree and 3+ years of design experience in agency or higher education setting.
• Highly organized, with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet tight deadlines.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely, as well as a demonstrated willingness to share ideas with individuals at all levels.
Application Instructions: Please apply on-line at http://apptrkr.com/413380
1) Include a cover letter that specifically addresses how you meet the qualifications and are prepared to support the mission of the College
2) A resume
3) The name and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Candidates who become finalists will be expected to sign a consent authorizing a broader inquiry which may include reference checks, a motor vehicle check, and a third party background check.
Saint Mary's is an equal employment opportunity employer. We support inclusive excellence and are committed to creating a safe and welcoming community for all.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act
Notification with regard to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, and the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act.
As provided by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act of 1998, Saint Mary’s College of California through its Department of Public Safety, annually provides notice and makes available copies of the Annual Security Report, to the campus community, prospective students, employees and the public. Each Security Report includes statistics for the past three years concerning crimes and incidents (whether they occurred on campus, in off-campus building and property owned or controlled by the College, or on public property adjacent to campus) reported to campus security authorities. Each Security Report also provides campus policies and practices concerning security – how to report sexual assaults and other crimes, crime prevention efforts, policies/laws governing alcohol and drugs, victims’ assistance programs, student discipline, college resources, and other matters. The Security Report is publicly available electronically or hard copy in the following ways: electronically:http://www.stmarysca.edu/about/safety/02report.pdf; in person: Department of Public Safety, Administrative Office, Assumption Hall: or by or by Mail or Telephone Request: Department of Public Safety, P.O. Box 3111, Moraga, CA 94575-3111 (925) 631-4052.
In addition, as provided by the Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act, the Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Office maintains a Megan’s Law database of sex crime offenders, which information may be obtained from the Sheriff’s office located at 500 Court Street, Martinez, Monday-Friday, 9 am to 4 pm.
You were inactive for over twenty minutes. To protect you, we have logged you out. Any unsaved data has been lost.